Flying Parts over Afghanistan??

shortydoo313

Established Member
So usually soldiers get U.S. flags flown by our pilots with a certificate, saying who flew it, how long, and what area. I decided being the car nut that I am that I'm going to get an armrest from redlinegoods.com and have it flown, then have the pilots signature/info sewn into it. Pics to come. Just mail takes to freakin long lol. tell me whatcha think?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Whatever floats your boat, I don't see the point in it. I'll also add Dallas Custom Steering Wheel does much better work and they're just down the street from you in TX.

Last edited:

shortydoo313

Established Member
Whatever floats your boat, I don't see the point in it. I'll also add Dallas Custom Steering Wheel does much better work and they're just down the street from you in TX.

Well its just oooh you know one of those things that soldiers kinda are proud of, my soldiers just had his TX flag flown the other day out here and the pilots just happened to get into a firefight (not much of a fight in an Apache), I figure hell the car means a lot why not have something to show for all 4 deployments

Jefe

Established Member
So usually soldiers get U.S. flags flown by our pilots with a certificate, saying who flew it, how long, and what area.
Ive got one hanging in the office :rockon:

IMG_20130827_152340_zpsb053414a.jpg

Brother-in-law just got home not that long ago. I guess he's headed back to Ft Rucker to start training pilots. Only a few years left to retirement

The arm rest would be a cool story piece to have in the car!

shortydoo313

Established Member
Ive got one hanging in the office :rockon:

IMG_20130827_152340_zpsb053414a.jpg

Brother-in-law just got home not that long ago. I guess he's headed back to Ft Rucker to start training pilots. Only a few years left to retirement

The arm rest would be a cool story piece to have in the car!

See now thats what im talking about, :thumbsup: Its just one of those things that I feel you would kind of be a part of history and, we do flags all of the time but. Mine would be just unique, trust me as soon as they come in the mail I'm taking pics

Tractionless1

Established Member
Well its just oooh you know one of those things that soldiers kinda are proud of, my soldiers just had his TX flag flown the other day out here and the pilots just happened to get into a firefight (not much of a fight in an Apache), I figure hell the car means a lot why not have something to show for all 4 deployments

See now thats what im talking about, :thumbsup: Its just one of those things that I feel you would kind of be a part of history and, we do flags all of the time but. Mine would be just unique, trust me as soon as they come in the mail I'm taking pics

Got ya, I see the reverence in it as demonstrated in the 2nd post. I'm not a military guy so I didn't originally see what all the fuss was about. Thanks for your service. :beer:

shortydoo313

Established Member
Got ya, I see the reverence in it as demonstrated in the 2nd post. I'm not a military guy so I didn't originally see what all the fuss was about. Thanks for your service. :beer:

No prob at all, alot of ppl here about it and just dont see why but i look at it as how many times will I ever have something in my car that was flown over a warzone.

I have a retarded soldier that wanted to have me do the dashboard lol :bash:

Tractionless1

Established Member
No prob at all, alot of ppl here about it and just dont see why but i look at it as how many times will I ever have something in my car that was flown over a warzone.

If you do the dash might as well just do the entire car.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member

Everytime I sit in my car there is something that has flown over a warzone, haha.

-Eric

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I have one flown from the Battle of Marjah. Largest helicopter insertion/force since Vietnam. I worked on the Hueys that helped dropped ammo and food off to my fellow brothers. Like you said, mail takes forever. But I think it will be worth it, you will regret it if you don't do it.

shortydoo313

Established Member
:bs:Well I must take plan B cuz the stuff i got came in Black, pretty pissed about that cuz its supposed to be in Charcoal, but im going to just have them do the Cobra Shifter ball that I got from them....:cuss:

saleensc281

Established Member
I feel ya man, I'm over here too. Have carried my NY state flag on every deployment, save for Bosnia. Got two younger brothers in the Army, and they each have taken the flag on one of their tours as well.

Users who are viewing this thread