Foam Guns

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Im curious as to how many of you guys have/use a foam gun. I have been thinking about getting one to help wash my car and my parents...since I live in apartments I go to the parents to wash my car and usually get sucked into washing their cars too.

I know the foam guns do not work as well since they do not use a pressure washer but with the right soap, they should work somewhat ? right? Im thinking it would help loosen dirt and "lube" the paint some before using the 2 bucket method. OR should I breakdown and buy a cheap pressure washer from Lowes or Home Depot and get a foam cannon.

any suggestions or opinions is appreciated

oldmodman

Established Member
I had a foam gun, but since I have two pressure washers I always use my foam cannon

The foam gun just put out a watery, wimpy foam stream. It would hit the side of the car and just slide off onto the ground. The foam from the foam cannon is incredibly thick, and sticks to the side of the car for five minutes before it dissolves.

Maybe someone will post up a specific model of foam gun that really works well, but I never found one. Regardless of the soap I used.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I had a foam gun, but since I have two pressure washers I always use my foam cannon

The foam gun just put out a watery, wimpy foam stream. It would hit the side of the car and just slide off onto the ground. The foam from the foam cannon is incredibly thick, and sticks to the side of the car for five minutes before it dissolves.

Maybe someone will post up a specific model of foam gun that really works well, but I never found one. Regardless of the soap I used.

This is kinda what I have gathered so far...not really looking forward to buying a pressure washer tho. I have no idea what cheapo pressure washer I want to buy and where.

PipeHitter

Established Member
Foam cannon ALL DAY if you have a pressure washer. I couldn't imagine soaping a car any other way once I purchased one.

I've yet to read or hear of a foam gun that performed nearly as well, but I'd rather use one than not if a foam cannon was not available. In that case the type of soap used will be key for best performance, such as DP Extreme Foam.

Even the cheaper electric pressure washers from Walmart (karcher brand) will work great with a foam cannon. I think I've seen them for like $100.

Spade

Established Member
I thought about getting one myself and havent made the move yet.

Mixxer do you mean foam cannon?

Users who are viewing this thread