Focus RS Photoshoot... Yes, its a 40k dollar Focus

Coosawjack

Established Member
I've never paid a bit of attention to them and I guess they are FUN but $40K??:eek:

I almost peed in my britches when I paid $28.5K for my 2004 Marauder......wow.....times have changed!!o_O

Be careful out thar.......everything else seems a lot BIGGER!!:(

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never paid a bit of attention to them and I guess they are FUN but $40K??:eek:

I almost peed in my britches when I paid $28.5K for my 2004 Marauder......wow.....times have changed!!o_O

Be careful out thar.......everything else seems a lot BIGGER!!:(

After driving a land yacht of a Marauder, of course a Focus is going to look small lol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
After driving a land yacht of a Marauder, of course a Focus is going to look small lol

Lol. I do like those Marauders though. By today's standards here are way better options for a family hauler though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TClark22

Established Member
Wish i could afford one. I thought 30k for my decked out ST was real high. And all i got was a slow ass fwd focus. lol but it has been a great DD. I'm getting the itch for a truck to drag the mustang to the track though.

SVTPete83

Established Member
My wife has one. It's epic. Great all around car and turns heads surprisingly! She has a cat back, intake, and some mudflaps. The car is an absolute hoot to drive. Interior is nice. The awd system is epic. Overall very worth the 40k price tag.
79040fae0f20c52f759aaceef77465eb.jpg
69f37ed0fe260a79b5491387c394f0b3.jpg
4ece94df2c5b721cbf328a0afbd25c45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Intervention302

Established Member
My wife has one. It's epic. Great all around car and turns heads surprisingly! She has a cat back, intake, and some mudflaps. The car is an absolute hoot to drive. Interior is nice. The awd system is epic. Overall very worth the 40k price tag.
79040fae0f20c52f759aaceef77465eb.jpg
69f37ed0fe260a79b5491387c394f0b3.jpg
4ece94df2c5b721cbf328a0afbd25c45.jpg

Which exhaust?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll need to drive one of these...I don't see how it's $40K...

Must be one of those cars that you need to drive to appreciate it LOL looks like a fun little thing though!

I'll need to drive one of these...I don't see how it's $40K...

Must be one of those cars that you need to drive to appreciate it LOL looks like a fun little thing though!
A little perspective relative to the $40K price. Before my 2016 Edge Sport, I had a 2012 Mini Cooper S (hatch). I paid $36K for it, and that was back in 2012, 5 years ago. Does the Mini Cooper S in any way compare to a new Focus RS? Absolutely not! IMO for what you're getting, the RS is priced very fairly.

Kevin, I love your RS. Question, though. I know you drive it daily. One review on the RS said that the short wheelbase and RS suspension make for a brutal ride, and not one conducive to daily driving. What is your take on the ride quality overall? How does it compare to your Cobra? Does every road imperfection carry through the steering wheel and suspension? I'm really interested in hearing your own review, as I'd trust it more than what I read in a magazine.

Intervention302

Established Member
A little perspective relative to the $40K price. Before my 2016 Edge Sport, I had a 2012 Mini Cooper S (hatch). I paid $36K for it, and that was back in 2012, 5 years ago. Does the Mini Cooper S in any way compare to a new Focus RS? Absolutely not! IMO for what you're getting, the RS is priced very fairly.

Kevin, I love your RS. Question, though. I know you drive it daily. One review on the RS said that the short wheelbase and RS suspension make for a brutal ride, and not one conducive to daily driving. What is your take on the ride quality overall? How does it compare to your Cobra? Does every road imperfection carry through the steering wheel and suspension? I'm really interested in hearing your own review, as I'd trust it more than what I read in a magazine.
It's a stiff ride... But, at least at my age (27) it just doesn't bother me.

Is it so stiff that people shouldn't buy it? I don't think so honestly.

If it's your first sports car, it would be off putting. But if you're used to sport/lowered rides. It's really not all that bad, at all.

In track mode, it is very stiff though. But you can just turn that off :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Intervention302

Established Member
We put a magnaflow 3 inch cat back on it. It sounds damn good. Not too loud. Just right for a daily.

Any video?

I had the SW exhaust and returned it the same day

SVTPete83

Established Member
I'll try and get something soon for you guys.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I would love one of these. But I have a daily truck.. so I dont see the point of a "weekend driven focus"

I had an 03 SVTF and loved it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a stiff ride... But, at least at my age (27) it just doesn't bother me.

Is it so stiff that people shouldn't buy it? I don't think so honestly.

If it's your first sports car, it would be off putting. But if you're used to sport/lowered rides. It's really not all that bad, at all.

In track mode, it is very stiff though. But you can just turn that off :)

That's about what I expected you'd say Kevin. Sometimes the magazines exaggerate specifics like this. I drove a Mini Cooper S for almost 3 years, and it was a tad stiff in Sport mode. I really wouldn't expect the RS to be a great deal stiffer. Keep enjoying your RS, my friend. Like I have to remind you. LOL.

Intervention302

Established Member
I would love one of these. But I have a daily truck.. so I dont see the point of a "weekend driven focus"

I had an 03 SVTF and loved it
Yeah there was a thread about who "doesn't DD" their RS.

It was built to be a DD.

But it's funny how that's different from my Cobra

Intervention302

Established Member
That's about what I expected you'd say Kevin. Sometimes the magazines exaggerate specifics like this. I drove a Mini Cooper S for almost 3 years, and it was a tad stiff in Sport mode. I really wouldn't expect the RS to be a great deal stiffer. Keep enjoying your RS, my friend. Like I have to remind you. LOL.
Drive up to NH and I'll let you rip it :)

andymarkv

Established Member
NICE pics!! No supporting mods are needed with your tune? How is your clutch holding up? Notice any slippage?
We also bought ours for MSRP in January!
Our local high volume dealer now has three in stock for 1.5K under MSRP...
http://www.simmons-rockwell.com/ford/hf17-291?p=1&vehicleModel=Focus
http://www.simmons-rockwell.com/ford/bf17-294?p=1&vehicleModel=Focus
http://www.simmons-rockwell.com/ford/bf17-259?p=1&vehicleModel=Focus

I found airing down the tires really helped with the ride. I had my winter 18" setup at 33psi and it rode really well before I trained the TPMS. (46psi is on the door sticker) Now I'm sneaking it down as low as I can before it sets the light.

Honestly the ride isn't that bad...but our ROADS are! Its my wifes spring/summer/fall daily and the ride doesn't seem to bother her.

Just put in a James Barone short shift arm at 20%, super easy install & feels great! (it also has a 40% reduction setting...but we plan to keep this for a while & I've seen where super aggressive shift reduction shortens syncro life)
http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/sh...ducts_id=956&zenid=2nfaci6ssc4tb3g6r613224ij7

Also stuck this 1/4" throttle pedal spacer on as well to get the gas pedal at rest closer to brake pedal height.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-...ash=item25d5a6aa5b:g:IMoAAOSwwbdWK8Y9&vxp=mtr

Users who are viewing this thread