Focus ST GTX2867R pulls - quick video

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Comment if you like...just a short video. I need some daytime footage.

Watch in HD!

[youtube_browser]b4pI7RGBdyc[/youtube_browser]

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
very nice! how much boost are you running? That's a decent sized turbo.

22psi....just finishing up the tune for 93 octane.

About to start working on the 100 octane tune once the catback is on.

The vDyno graph at the end of the video is very accurate to my actual power levels, pause the vid and have a look.

cobraman302

Established Member
Car looks and sounds great. I really like the Silver on these cars. Glad to see some decent power obtained rather easily on these as well.

Serious question....Do you regret getting a car, modding it to these power levels, and not having AWD? It seems like half of the fund of a turbo, manual transmission car, is the ability to plant the power and handle well. I mean my Fusion Sport has problems planting the power, and it only has about 290hp lol.

TClark22

Established Member
wish theyd offer an auto option so that DD'ing one in traffic wouldnt completely suck

lol...I don't get it...I drive mine every day in traffic. Remove your tampon man and it wouldn't suck as bad. lol I'm just messing with ya.

Sounds good smacked! One of these days I'm going to mod mine...I'm gonna do everything except change the exhaust because every aftermarket exhaust sounds like poop. (hypocritical I know, I bought a 4cyl but hate the sound of them...lol)

And silver does look great on these cars! I told myself I wasn't about to buy another silver car (so I ordered Red) but after seeing a few of the silver ones...I was like damn it looks nice on the ST. Really defines the contours of the body I think...

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
wish theyd offer an auto option so that DD'ing one in traffic wouldnt completely suck

It isn't that bad. Car moves just releasing the clutch slowly...

Car looks and sounds great. I really like the Silver on these cars. Glad to see some decent power obtained rather easily on these as well.

Serious question....Do you regret getting a car, modding it to these power levels, and not having AWD? It seems like half of the fund of a turbo, manual transmission car, is the ability to plant the power and handle well. I mean my Fusion Sport has problems planting the power, and it only has about 290hp lol.

No regret at all. Not really concerned about an AWD...don't plan to track the car(maybe once to get the MPH), or run from a dig for that matter. With the GTX, the powerband is moved quite a bit to the right and on a warm day I have planted a 2nd gear WOT romp from about 5000RPM with the stock F1s...granted it was probably 80F out. 330-350whp is perfect for what I want to do...which is have fun during everyday driving and catch the occasional roll race on GoPro.

Thanks for the compliments.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dodge builds the SRT-4 and haters rejoice.

Ford basically builds the equivalent of a Caliber SRT-4, but years later, and the world goes crazy about how awesome it is lol.

FWIW, I've driven both. The SRT had almost 400hp and the ST was stock. Both were nice, no complaints either way. Just funny how those things work. And I'm surprised the ST hasn't been modded a lot more for as long as it's been out.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I really want to pick one of those up. Do you think the 2015 model will get the ecoboost from the mustang?
On the fence

Edit, it looks like the 2.3 will be reserved for the RS model.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread