Fogging Autometer Gauges

04asp

Established Member
Does anyone else on here have problems with there Autometer gauges fogging up? I have 3 Autometer gauges mounted on my pillar and my Voltmeter and my Fuel Pressure gauges are always fogging up internally. My Boost/Vac gauge seems to be fine. Anyone else have this problem ?

Charles236

Established Member
My Autometer Sport Comp oil pressure and water temperature gauges both fog up ocassionally. Haven't taken the time to do anything about it yet, but eventually I'll get around to it.

Terminator

Established Member
04asp said:
Does anyone else on here have problems with there Autometer gauges fogging up? I have 3 Autometer gauges mounted on my pillar and my Voltmeter and my Fuel Pressure gauges are always fogging up internally. My Boost/Vac gauge seems to be fine. Anyone else have this problem ?

That's funny. My autometer boost/vac is the one fogging, the other two are fine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, I've never heard of gauges fogging up. I assume this only happens in cold weather? My Cobra saw the extremes of cold weather in Connecticut with no fogging issues with my gauges. That's a bummer! Anyone ever call AutoMeter to ask them why they fog up?

04asp

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Wow, I've never heard of gauges fogging up. I assume this only happens in cold weather? My Cobra saw the extremes of cold weather in Connecticut with no fogging issues with my gauges. That's a bummer! Anyone ever call AutoMeter to ask them why they fog up?

Actually mine started fogging up when it was very hot here(90 degrees+)and they still fog up when it is cooler here.

04asp

Established Member
CobraBob said:

I did email Autometer and i was told that they guessed they were fogging due to the now cooler air and the warmth of the lights together were making them fog, but it was still very hot here when i wrote to them. I was told that i could ship them back to Autometer and they would replace the lenses with an anti fog lense at no charge.
It would be nice to have them not fog but i really dont want to take them back out to have this done but i know i should. Maybe i will do this sometime.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I hear ya. I guess if I was ordering new gauges I'd ask for the anti-fog lenses if they're available. I think, though, if it were me having the issue I'd probably bite the bullet and let them give me the anti-fog lenses vs. having to deal with them repeatedly fogging up. I wonder if all of their gauges do this or certain series.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
My water temp gauge does it all the time. Especially when it's raining outside or even sometimes like said above just depends on the temp difference. It's VERY annoying when 1 guage fogs up but the other one doesn't. I thought maybe mine had something to do with being right next to the vent by the driver side door but I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread