Follow-on woes...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I'm avionics but,

Basically the run down is my squadron submitted a 2906 and then all of my afsc's changed. I'm a 2a2 as cafsc,dafsc, and pafsc. I received no 2afsc. Had my flight chief talked to the chief functional and see if I could stay in afsoc since my info changed. Makes sense to not send a guy that has only work cv's his entire career to Korea. I have friends at Eglin that have never gotten Korea orders and they've been sitting on a cushy job with awesome tdy's and no deployments.

Lots of people at Eglin are test base coded SEI on the test side, and wont be touched unless they volunteer for orders out of there.

I was a crew chief serving as a section chief in an Avionics flight up here in Alaska. We have F-22's. They split the AFSC's and it turned into a shitshow.

5th Gen (F-22/F35's) are now a separate AFSC for avionics. So there is a couple of ways to get to Eglin now, either the test side 46th? Or with a 5th Gen AFSC on the 33rd side which will be AETC/ACC combined. Lots of F22 guys are getting send down to Eglin for the F35 program.

I have been told that they will be playing tough with the new AFSC swaps to divide the 5th gen experience on F-22/F35's so they can get a big experience base up like they did initially with the Raptor.

Who knows though......At some point the pool for Korea will become limited, and they will keep tapping the same people again and again like they did before. I know we have had some F22 guys go to Korea just recently as well. Also had some guys with F16 base orders get cancelled when the AFSC swap happened and diverted to 5th Gen bases like Langley, Vegas, Holloman.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
i know this is old but somebody is feeding you false information. i shipped 3 boxers out of Yokota in april on the rotator. it was 110 for less than 70lbs and 220 for over 70lbs. now keep in mind for snub nose breeds they can only fly during certin season like oct thru may. and when you get to the states they go as cargo and charge alot of money. Air Canada still flies pets as checked baggage for cheap and they fly into narita. Okinawa is next on my list after turkey and i fully plan on bringing two dogs and a car with. But that doesn't really count since its Japanese anyway from when i was at yokota. Alot of people dont have a clue about what can and cannot be done in japan. if you have any questions your best bet for answers is to call one of the bases TMO or whatever org you need answers from. I sold my cobra cause they said i couldnt bring it and regretted it every day.

My orders we cancelled already. But I took out the middle man and went to the AFIs/regs and it clearly stated AMC would not ship two of my dogs (being that both of them with crate would weigh over 150 lbs). I could definitely get them over there through commercial means. But that cost would be astronomical.

Now I'm playing off the OCONUS Returnee/Mandatory Movers list. It is as follows: Minot (Super FML), Langley (FML don't want to live in the area), Ft Meade (FML **** what my job would be there), Beale (Commiefornia), Robins (acceptable), Eglin (right on the water, but **** hurricanes), and lastly Lackland (got my fingers crossed, would love to go there)

Spent 09-11 in area IV.....do miss it

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

HaHa Daegu blows. Which camp were you at? I'm at K-2 (the "international" air port). I would much rather be a GwangJu where there aren't any Army to gay things up:poke:

:beer:

OU812

Established Member
My orders we cancelled already. But I took out the middle man and went to the AFIs/regs and it clearly stated AMC would not ship two of my dogs (being that both of them with crate would weigh over 150 lbs). I could definitely get them over there through commercial means. But that cost would be astronomical.

Now I'm playing off the OCONUS Returnee/Mandatory Movers list. It is as follows: Minot (Super FML), Langley (FML don't want to live in the area), Ft Meade (FML **** what my job would be there), Beale (Commiefornia), Robins (acceptable), Eglin (right on the water, but **** hurricanes), and lastly Lackland (got my fingers crossed, would love to go there)

HaHa Daegu blows. Which camp were you at? I'm at K-2 (the "international" air port). I would much rather be a GwangJu where there aren't any Army to gay things up:poke:

:beer:

Good luck man! My fiasco out of Yokota was shitty, my functional told me I'd go to a base that needed my rank for my AFSC. I put all southeast bases since I was trying to get back to Charleston, Robins was my second choice. I have friends at both of those bases who are now chiefs, they checked their manning and both were below 70%. I ended up with orders to McConnell which is overmanned for my rank and AFSC, these guys don't know where they're going to put me. I'm probably going to end up in the same situation I was in at Yokota, filling a MSgt slot and not getting paid for it!

speedsun

Established Member
Dude Eglin is so worth it. What hurricanes man?? Its been years. We almost had one a couple months ago but it turned and hit NOLA again

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Shit I was in Biloxi during Katrina. That sucked a huge dick. Looked at the list again before it closedm turns out it was Hurby not Eglin on my list. Same, same though correct?

Users who are viewing this thread