For Cars Built Prior To 09/01/06 Please Read!

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
I will, thanks Bruce.

Well Iv'e been messing with my car, checked out the air filter, checked the coils, checked the wiring harness etc.. took off the negative battery terminal and re-attached it and WAAAALLLLLAAAAHHH!!

It runs again!!!!

I don't know what the problem was but it runs like a cat out of a raging fireplace now!!!

I believe it's got more power than it ever did before....

I put over 100 miles on it since and the problems have not yet returned. Hope it lasts because it sure is a blast driving it again! :rolling:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
!~

ac427cobra said:
Derek:

Glad it's all worked out for you!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:
Thanks Bruce! Now I just need my intake and tune!

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Derek:

Sorry to hear of your problem. I hope you can get it figured out? If the car won't run, call Ford's road service line and have the damn thing flatbedded to the dealer and let them worry about it, not you!? Tell them you want a loaner too! :poke:

Good luck!

+1 Make them take care of it!!!

2FST4U

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Well, IMHO it could very well NOT be the air filter? My car was built before that. Dave's was too. Lot's of others also. I have not heard one single person having this problem? That's why I think it could very well be something else?

I understand the dilema about leaving the car with them but what if the air filter DOESN'T change the problem? Then what?

Good luck with it!

I have had this problem since day one. I even posted here and no one else seemed to have the problem. When the SSM came out our parts dept. said the same thing need to order 6. Then they said they ordered by some other method to only get one. It took over a week but it finally came. This is a warranty concern and you don't have to purchase the filter. As soon as I started and drove the car it was like night and day. Took care of all the concerns. Was only making 6 Pounds now it's making 8 plus.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
2FST4U said:
I have had this problem since day one. I even posted here and no one else seemed to have the problem. When the SSM came out our parts dept. said the same thing need to order 6. Then they said they ordered by some other method to only get one. It took over a week but it finally came. This is a warranty concern and you don't have to purchase the filter. As soon as I started and drove the car it was like night and day. Took care of all the concerns. Was only making 6 Pounds now it's making 8 plus.
Yes it is a warranty concern but they won't pay for it unless I drop my car off at the dealer and let them determine that this is the problem and it's not worth 80.00 for me to leave my car at the dealer until they get around to looking at it and ordering a filter and waiting for it to come in (not to mention all the "test drives" my car will surely go through).

I'd rather buy the filter and put it in myself (if I can someday get one).

Still waiting for Ford customer service to call me back. They seem to be having some trouble locating a filter for me (imagine that!!!).

Hope they go through the same BS I had to endure trying to get one.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
firemanmike said:
I would think a lot of the few GT500's out there have after market air filters already?
Yea and mine will have one too in a week or so but I still need a working stock filter to put back in my car for dealer visits (warranty work).

chuckstang

Established Member
Why? Once you put an aftermarket filter and tune on the car, the dealer will know its been modded even if you put the stock filter back on the car

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
my dealer told me i can do any mod's i want even a tune as long as i don't blow it up and warranty will not be void. he went so far as to tell me he would change the pully to a ford gt pully.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Why? Once you put an aftermarket filter and tune on the car, the dealer will know its been modded even if you put the stock filter back on the car

How's that? According to everyone I talked to as long as you replace the factory tune and airbox etc... there's no way for them to know that you had it modded as long as you didn't raise the rev limiter and over rev the engine or run it too lean etc...

They will know that you had the computer recently re-flashed but this is indistinguishable from simply disconnecting the battery for a short period and re-connecting it (even on a car that's never been modded).

I also understand that the computer stores information on what the vehicle was doing for the last 5 seconds (prior to a crash) and can be retrieved for accident investigation purposes by an accident investigator if the vehicle was involved in a fatal accident (for example).

They will be able to find out the speed of the vehicle, what gear the vehicle was in and if the driver was accellerating or braking at the time of the crash etc. to help determine cause/contributing factors for the crash but I believe that is the extent of the information that is obtainable from the onboard system.

Last edited:

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
when i bought the car i went in back with the owner and service mngr and asked about exhaust because i said it was too quiet. we started to talk and i said what can i do to this without voiding warranty and he said["ford want's you to mod it"] so i asked how far can i go? he said a tune is the only sticky area but as long as they dont find that it ran lean your fine. everything else is up to you as long as you dont blow it up they will warranty it.

chuckstang

Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
How's that? According to everyone I talked to as long as you replace the factory tune and airbox etc... there's no way for them to know that you had it modded as long as you didn't raise the rev limiter and over rev the engine or run it too lean etc...

They will know that you had the computer recently re-flashed but this is indistinguishable from simply disconnecting the battery for a short period and re-connecting it (even on a car that's never been modded).

I also understand that the computer stores information on what the vehicle was doing for the last 5 seconds (prior to a crash) and can be retrieved for accident investigation purposes by an accident investigator if the vehicle was involved in a fatal accident (for example).

They will be able to find out the speed of the vehicle, what gear the vehicle was in and if the driver was accellerating or braking at the time of the crash etc. to help determine cause/contributing factors for the crash but I believe that is the extent of the information that is obtainable from the onboard system.

Hey thats great news if you are right but from everyone else with a gt500, they say that once you tune your shelby, the dealer will know and basically you better hope and pray they will not bitch if you have to bring it in for warranty work. It all comes down to the individual dealer. I think we agree on that. But basically if you mod it, you have to be willing and ready to say adios to your Ford warranty. The dam computers in these cars just keep getting more and more complex and "smarter" which is good and bad, obviously.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Hey thats great news if you are right but from everyone else with a gt500, they say that once you tune your shelby, the dealer will know and basically you better hope and pray they will not bitch if you have to bring it in for warranty work. It all comes down to the individual dealer. I think we agree on that. But basically if you mod it, you have to be willing and ready to say adios to your Ford warranty. The dam computers in these cars just keep getting more and more complex and "smarter" which is good and bad, obviously.
Well I can tell you this, should they void my warranty I will be filling out the paperwork to get a refund on the extended warranty that they sold me when I bought the car..... I guess that money would go straight to the repairs needed and they would be out about 1500 dollars for the refund.

Time will tell but hopefully we wont be needing any major repair work for our cars because they're built Ford Tuff! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread