$$$$ For GT500 Waiting List

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yes, its to ensure that you are for real and they are not holding the car for just a tire kicker.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I put down $500 at my dealer to get spot #2 to order the car the way I want it. Also got in writing that I will pay MSRP. Now is the time to get on the list with a dealer you can trust and will actually hold your place in line.

They may or may not limit production but if you get in early and dont have to pay over MSRP it won't feel bad to be the first in you area to have one :rolling:

Fastbackman

Established Member
I agree. I also put down $500. to get a two spot on the list and order the car as I want. I also got in writing that the price will not exceed MSRP!

impulsebrklyn

I called 14 dealers in my area 12 were not taking any money till they know the details of the vehicle. You call to get on a list and I was told by just about everyone that they were calling in the order on the list to ask who wanted the car for the price they choose at the time. Only 2 were taking deposits. One already had 15 deposits, I dont think there getting 15 gt500's anytime soon. The other place wanted 5000 down to get on the list. When i spoke to them 2 weeks ago they already had one person on the list. I said the hell with that, your not holding onto 5 grand of my money for a year.
Chris

Croco X

SVT Fanboy
Established Member
I can see where that would be a good idea, but will that money go toward a deposit or down payment? I'd be a little hesitant to put down unless I knew for sure that it would actually go toward my car and not just into the pocket of the dealership.

cobramach

Established Member
I found out for sure (while talking about buying an FX4 150. I am so weak.) that Phil Long in Denver is taking a grand for right of first refusal. No info about locking in at MSRP.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Man you guys love to get ripped :bash: paying these EXORBIDENT Prices.......................... :nonono: But hey each head has their own world. I would wait a while.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Man you guys love to get ripped :bash: paying these EXORBIDENT Prices.......................... :nonono: But hey each head has their own world. I would wait a while.

Nor would I want to pay EXORBINANT prices ;-)

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I got 500 down, first on list to order the way i want it (shoudl get the first one they order). Stated on invoice that 500 is refundable, goes towards price of the car, 1st on list for no more than MSRP.

putawaywet

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, you folks that are getting promises of MSRP, are they putting that down in writing or is it all verbal? After hearing all the horror stories of people that were jerked around on their '05 V8 orders I'm real skeptical of these guys trying to pull a fast one once they actually have the car sitting under your nose. I'd want it all in writing because I have absolutely no trust left when it comes to what comes out of a car salesman's mouth.

Last edited:

Raucous Dog

Established Member
Wow, I guess I should be concerned. I paid $1000 to get on the list @ 17. The dealer in NC says they will have no issue getting that many. I do not have it in writing that they will sell it to me for MSRP. The $1000 will go to the down payment unless I pull out, then I lose my $$$$.

'89 Thunderbird LX - Sold
'97 Cobra - Sold
'99 Ranger XLT 4x4 - Sold
'03 Explorer Eddie Bauer - Current

If the dealer screws me on the GT500 MSRP, I'll buy a Corvette.

Fastbackman

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, you folks that are getting promises of MSRP, are they putting that down in writing or is it all verbal? After hearing all the horror stories of people that were jerked around on their '05 V8 orders I'm real skeptical of these guys trying to pull a fast one once they actually have the car sitting under your nose. I'd want it all in writing because I have absolutely no trust left when it comes to what comes out of a car salesman's mouth.
When I got my receipt for the $500 deposit it clearly stated in writing that sales price will not exceed msrp. I confirmed with everyone I spoke to at the dealership that this would be the price, and they did follow through with putting it in writing. I feel pretty good about my chances at this point.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
You have to really trust a dealer if you give them cash now.

Ask yourself this question: If someone strolls into the showroom willing to pay MSRP + $4K to be the first on the block to own a GT-500, do you trust the sales manager to say to that person, "Sorry, we promised someone they could have it for MSRP... so I won't sell the car to you." :shrug:

Someone call me when the GT-500 rebates start... :lol1:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
You have to really trust a dealer if you give them cash now.

Ask yourself this question: If someone strolls into the showroom willing to pay MSRP + $4K to be the first on the block to own a GT-500, do you trust the sales manager to say to that person, "Sorry, we promised someone they could have it for MSRP... so I won't sell the car to you." :shrug:

Someone call me when the GT-500 rebates start... :lol1:

My dealer sold me a first run 03 Cobra for list even though people were offering him over list for the car. I have bought 3 cars in 3 years from this guy and he rather invest in a customer than turn a few extra bucks. I respect this dealership and hope they continue to work on building relationships not quick profit.....Steve

Users who are viewing this thread