FOR SALE - 04 Mystichrome Coupe - 9700 Miles

04Struck

Established Member
Smh it sucks to have good hearted people trying to help out an enthusiast and someone like that just thinks about making a profit.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
in all honesty if I sell something that cheap I ensure that it's going to someone that is actually going to use it. Personally. With how many people were lined up etc.

04Struck

Established Member
Maybe this person came up with a good story that was b.s. you just never know so I dont want to hound the OP. I would pick their brains to see if they even know about these gems but maybe were all butt hurt that we missed out lol reguardles this guy is a jerk for trying to make a quick flip when theres many of us that would of actually kept and enjoyed this time capsule.

HPLouis

Established Member
When I was selling my 4700 mile Mystchrome vert, I couldn't get anything for it. Even after lowering my price to $28K, people were still lowballing me and joking around. Someone reached out and said he'd pay my asking price. He came to see the car and talked like an enthusiast. Talked about how many he had, how he loved fixing them, etc. He spoke "Mustang". I lowered the price to $27,225 for an 'enthusiast'.

Come to find out, this guy was a dealer and immediately took to the car to the PA dealer auction and sold the car for #31K. The car sat at an Ohio dealership for a year before someone bought it for $35K.

You never know the intentions of your buyer. It's not the OP's fault.

68gtscode

Established Member
Perhaps we operate in different realities. I recently sold two of my Mustangs, and found the sales process to be fairly painful. I learned the hard way (thanks to an SVTP "enthusiast") that the first person to pay me gets the car! If you don't want someone to flip it, then don't give it away. And don't think that the buyer of this car is going to get $40K for it- people can ask whatever they like.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
This is a hard situation to be in if you have a conscious or a connection to the car you're selling.

The bottom line is once you accept the terms of the sale you have no responsibility to what happens after the fact.

That means if someone buys your car and then wants to driv it in a demolition derby that's on them. They paid for the car. It's theirs. Just like if a young man buys your car and drives it recklessly you have no responsibility for their actions.

I know we are human and it's hard not to feel some sort of connection. Believe me I know as I have personal experience in one of my examples. However, after the sale it completely out of our hands.

Guy can drive the car into the Grand Canyon if he wants.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're right, of course, Glenn. A buyer can do whatever he wants with the car. Drive it. Store it. Sell it. Just would have been nice for someone on SVTP who really, really wanted a nice Mystichrome for a decent price to have gotten a nice deal on one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're right, of course. A buyer can do whatever he wants with the car. Drive it. Store it. Sell it. Just would have been nice for someone on SVTP who really, really wanted a nice Mystichrome for a decent price to have gotten a nice deal on one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're right, of course. A buyer can do whatever he wants with the car. Drive it. Store it. Sell it. Just would have been nice for someone on SVTP who really, really wanted a nice Mystichrome for a decent price to have gotten a nice deal on one.

HPLouis

Established Member
Perhaps we operate in different realities. I recently sold two of my Mustangs, and found the sales process to be fairly painful. I learned the hard way (thanks to an SVTP "enthusiast") that the first person to pay me gets the car! If you don't want someone to flip it, then don't give it away. And don't think that the buyer of this car is going to get $40K for it- people can ask whatever they like.

I agree. In my experience, it's the 'enthusiasts' that give you the most grief when trying to sell. You run into tire kickers, people lowball you, etc. I remember the crap that used to happen around here when people posted a car at high prices. They would get roasted, and that still happens on FaceBook groups. For some reason, when a dealer places a car for sale, people just buy it.

That buyer might not get $40K but they'll get over $35K. He'll find someone to buy it. I remember over the summer, that high priced Mustang dealership in Chicago posted a 10K mile Mystichrome coupe for $42K. That car was sold in less than 2 days. I know the guy who bought it and when I called the dealership, the guy said that the phone was ringing off the hook for that car.

It feels like people would rather pay a dealership high prices versus another person. I just don't know why.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe this person came up with a good story that was b.s. you just never know so I dont want to hound the OP. I would pick their brains to see if they even know about these gems but maybe were all butt hurt that we missed out lol reguardles this guy is a jerk for trying to make a quick flip when theres many of us that would of actually kept and enjoyed this time capsule.

While I agree, we all had our chance to buy it.
little bit of a markup...
I asked them if it was the same one on here that went for 28,500 and they didn’t even acknowledge the question.

I sent a message using the name "F.U. Flipper" and email address "[email protected]"

Wish I screenshot it.

Users who are viewing this thread