For the beer lovers

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Try Praque, Belgium, or Germany...... In that order. After being overseas (not in harm’s way) for so so long, I’m eager to see more of the good old USA.
Haven’t been to Prague but got the others to covered. Berlin is on that list don’t remember what spot. There was one beer that I have had that I really liked. But it was Chinese, only available in southern China and I don’t remember the name of it

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm super happy that my city wasn't on the list. But we have some extremely good breweries here now, and they're growing nationally in distribution.

If it was on the list, even more people would be moving here.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Don't have to tell me twice. I live in Pickens County SC. Home of the cocaine-snorting police department, the woman who stabbed her husband with a squirrel, monthly meth lab explosions, and tob'ac'er spit'n backwoods jigglebillies of all sorts.

View attachment 1542514
That's the first I've heard of the squirrel stabbing. I believe it though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1996slowbra

Established Member
My hometown brews Pliny. Evidently it’s a big deal.

Meh, I am over the hype. Used to go and pick up a case whenever I was up near Russian River but I haven't bother for the last 3 years or so. And personally I always thought Blind Pig was better than Pliny, and more available.

There are so many other beers available here that IMO are just as good and much much easier to get.

You had Pizza Port Swami?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
stole this from @Deceptive

img_1708-jpg.1542593

lilcoop03

Established Member
Don't have to tell me twice. I live in Pickens County SC. Home of the cocaine-snorting police department, the woman who stabbed her husband with a squirrel, monthly meth lab explosions, and tob'ac'er spit'n backwoods jigglebillies of all sorts.

View attachment 1542514

I'm right below you in Greenwood, and these are big facts!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
This. There's a lot of great beer coming out of GA too. One will be featured in an upcoming SVTP tech video where you can win one of these:

https://amzn.to/2RB4Iat

Sweetwater, Terrapin, Savannah River Brewing, Red Brick, Burnt Hickory Brewing, and a long list of others.

A friend I grew up with, and went to high school with moved to Bryson City, NC and took over Nantahala Brewing. I like to say the GA influence is what sells the cold, frothy beverages.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not that this list is particularly accurate but Austin doesn't even make it on this one - The 16 Best Beer Cities in America

Shocked that Milwaukee isn't top 3, the city was basically built on brewing beer.

I would concede Texas is lacking overall as compared to other states with a rich brewing tradition. However there are some very good small to medium sized breweries in the Houston area, Austin and surrounding area etc.. All signs point to the industry growing here. I would also question any list that doesn't have Milwaukee in the top 3.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I love beer. Don’t care where it comes from. You can find an awesome beer almost anywhere in this country.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I don't see Austin beating out Asheville, NC.

This right here. Highland Brewing has been making craft beer in Asheville for 25 years, before craft beer was cool. They also happen to make my favorite beer on the planet, Gaelic Ale, which I'm swilling as we speak.

th?id=OIP.32s3G-mMMc5uE1A8NVDsqgHaFj&w=263&h=189&c=7&o=5&dpr=2&pid=1.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Not that this list is particularly accurate but Austin doesn't even make it on this one - The 16 Best Beer Cities in America
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/best-beer-cities-in-america as I said in a later post, surveys are different and will come up with different results on the same subject depending on who is asked which questions LOL

Shocked that Milwaukee isn't top 3, the city was basically built on brewing beer.
milwaukee was built on shit beers even I as a person not particularly fond of beer know that

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
We have a crapload of craft breweries in and around Raleigh and Wake County. I don't know how these businesses stay in business because 90% of their output tastes like shiite. I am sure that is true with other craft brew meccas.

evolve

Established Member
Denver has a growing craft brew scene too. I was out there visiting family and was amazed at the amount of small craft spots.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Let me just say this. My senior paper and case study in business school was assigned by a professor. I got an A.
"The brewing industry in the USA."

My information is entirely up to date, as long as you don't ask for actual facts after 1978.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread