For the beer lovers

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
milwaukee was built on shit beers even I as a person not particularly fond of beer know that

giphy.gif

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
as I said in a later post, surveys are different and will come up with different results on the same subject depending on who is asked which questions LOL

milwaukee was built on shit beers even I as a person not particularly fond of beer know that

LOL, crabby old man detected. It's all good buddy, if i was your son/grandson i'd sneak you some beers or playboys into the nursing home.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
View attachment 1543250
Tell me again where you can view 140+ year old beer caves in the midwest?
I said the beer was shit, I never said where they brewed it was shit. I can't think of a single American beer I have ever tasted that I like. I have had beer in half a dozen countries. Best beer IMHO is one they make in southern china but you can't get it anywhere but there. Germany has a few decent beers and DOS Equis is pretty decent. I am more of a hard liquor vodka, Rum, and Jack Daniels.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I said the beer was shit, I never said where they brewed it was shit. I can't think of a single American beer I have ever tasted that I like. I have had beer in half a dozen countries. Best beer IMHO is one they make in southern china but you can't get it anywhere but there. Germany has a few decent beers and DOS Equis is pretty decent. I am more of a hard liquor vodka, Rum, and Jack Daniels.

Sounds like you just don't like beer too much. That's ok, obviously everybody has different tastes and preferences.

I don't get upset when people shit on Miller or Schlitz or Pabst, they are macrobrews and brewed for the masses. Even as a non beer fan, I bet you could find something you'd like at Lakefront Brewery or a half dozen other microbreweries in Milwaukee. Fun fact as well, it's the plant that the intro to Laverne and Shirley was filmed at.

http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/beer

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sounds like you just don't like beer too much. That's ok, obviously everybody has different tastes and preferences.

I don't get upset when people shit on Miller or Schlitz or Pabst, they are macrobrews and brewed for the masses. Even as a non beer fan, I bet you could find something you'd like at Lakefront Brewery or a half dozen other microbreweries in Milwaukee. Fun fact as well, it's the plant that the intro to Laverne and Shirley was filmed at.

http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/beer
Microbreweries came along after milwalkee was well established and didn't have much to do with the building of milwalkee. and yes if I spent some time there I MIGHT find something to like.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Microbreweries came along after milwalkee was well established and didn't have much to do with the building of milwalkee. and yes if I spent some time there I MIGHT find something to like.
Rethink that one. Look back at the Monks in Europe that were brewing beer long before Milwaukee. The start of every massive brewery came from a small brewery first.

Anyone know where the witch's cauldron comes from in folklore? The potion these women were brewing had nothing to do with a spell, it was all about making mash to then ferment into beer. Another version of the microbrewery, on a very small scale.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Rethink that one. Look back at the Monks in Europe that were brewing beer long before Milwaukee. The start of every massive brewery came from a small brewery first.

Anyone know where the witch's cauldron comes from in folklore? The potion these women were brewing had nothing to do with a spell, it was all about making mash to then ferment into beer. Another version of the microbrewery, on a very small scale.
Yup.

My senior paper and case study assigned to me by a prof in business school was "The brewing industry in America". How cool was that assignment?

Anyway, to Revvv's point, the brewing industry started small here, then consolidated to the big breweries, and that market has since been segmenting for the past 30 years or so. Getting "small" again.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Ya, not arguing that at all, the city was definitely built around big breweries. But as Revvv mentioned, most big businesses start as something small. Frederick Miller did not come from wealth and was 29-30 years old when he started Miller Brewing company in 1855.

Users who are viewing this thread