For the metalheads!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'd say trying to hire anyone to kill your wife qualifies you for the idiot moniker.

Yes, that is true too and I thought about that when I typed it, but if you are going to hire someone to kill your wife, finding someone online is far more idiotic than hiring someone you know.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Knothead here, haven't heard any other band do what they do. And their live shows are AMAZING.

Seen Slipknot live 4 times. Hell I met Corey and a couple of the clowns and had them sign my first press copy of their debut album. You should've seen Taylor's face when I gave him the LP jacket to sign, haha.

They put on a hell of a show, no doubt. 3 drummers is unrivaled and sooo heavy.
I'm more of a fan of their early stuff, their last couple albums haven't done it for like they used to.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I went to the same tour, that was when Adrenaline first came out, and I was HOOKED on the Deftones ever since. Adrenaline is their best work though.

That was a killer show, I remember it vividly from the mosh pit. Chino crowd surfing while belting out lyrics.
Diamond eyes is pretty legit. Self Titled moves my mustard to. I hear Battle Axe... omg gtfouttamywaynoooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!! :D :D

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Diamond eyes is pretty legit. Self Titled moves my mustard to. I hear Battle Axe... omg gtfouttamywaynoooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Diamond Eyes is good, but my favorites are some of the more atmospheric songs on each album. "Entombed", "Passenger", "Digital Bath", "Phantom Bride", "What Happened to You?", "Beware", Hole in the Earth"... those are all pretty much my favorites from them. I like their chill stuff more than their heavier songs. If you like the same songs I do then definitely check out Chino's side project Crosses.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Diamond Eyes is good, but my favorites are some of the more atmospheric songs on each album. "Entombed", "Passenger", "Digital Bath", "Phantom Bride", "What Happened to You?", "Beware", Hole in the Earth"... those are all pretty much my favorites from them. I like their chill stuff more than their heavier songs. If you like the same songs I do then definitely check out Chino's side project Crosses.

Passenger, featuring MJK, is amazing. My fav Deftones song. It is the only song I have on my iPod twice.
Doesn't help that Tool is a top 3 band for me!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Anther bad as is Delta Empire. The mystery man's covers are top notch and he has a bunch!. Here is one to see how cool Vinny Paul was on drums. Enjoy!

G-STANG

Established Member
Sad day for sure. Pantera was probably the first heavier band that I got into way back when. First show I went to was Pantera, White Zombie, and an unknown band at that time called Deftones. One of my best high school friends was shot and killed on the same stage as dimebag too :(

That tour was my one of my favourite concerts. At the time I had no idea who Deftones were. Years later when I saw Black Sabbath on their reunion tour with Pantera in 99, they opened up for that show also.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
That tour was my one of my favourite concerts. At the time I had no idea who Deftones were. Years later when I saw Black Sabbath on their reunion tour with Pantera in 99, they opened up for that show also.
Crazy to think that the tour I saw them first at was 22 years ago....damn.

Users who are viewing this thread