For those looking for MP Idler Brackets.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I dont know if anyone has seen this, but on the Magnum Powers site, they are running a group buy. It looks to me like its for anyone interested in getting one.

Heres the link: http://www.magnumpowers.com/light_pro_pri.php

On there, youll see the link for a deposit. This was taken directly from their site:
"Idler Bracket Group Purchase Deposit! $100 Deposit If we receive 10 deposits by Dec 20, 2007 the final price will be $175 but if we receive 15 or more deposits the final price will be ONLY $160 plus $17 shipping."

I hope im not stepping on anyones toes, i just figured since its on the Manufacturers site, and it doesnt seem they are available any where else, this would help you guys out.

oneqkgt

Established Member
have you guys contacted charles on those bracket since i emailed him he posted the special on his site. It makes a perfect gift for yourselves for xmas

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
im wanting one but the holidays are killing me!
I can probably place my preorder well before the 20th...however when will full payment be needed?

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
Should be ready to ship by the 20th so I assume that would be the date but give Charles a call and ask him. I'll bet he'd hold one until you could pay him if you made the deposit.

I'D WIN

Established Member
All he needs at this point is a deposit. Charles is a cool dude and he has made me several custom parts before. He will work with you either way.

oneqkgt

Established Member
East coast if you get the idler bracket which your going to want this thing its awsome i have tons of belts laying around we can size it up and then you can get a new one from there. I had 2 90mm idlers on mine and i had to go up a full inch with the mp bracket. but for those of you that may not have all the cash at once contact charles he will work with you thats for sure.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Is there any more info on this GP? Between this thread and the other linked below there appears to be several people interested.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440991&highlight=idler

OP... can you assemble a list of everyone who has made a deposit and is in for sure so we know where we stand?

I'm interested as well. Has anybody asked what will happen in the event that the required 10+ buyers is not met? Are those who have made the $100 deposit reimbursed, or are they expected to pay full listed price? I'd hate to pay the deposit then be expected to pay full price if the GP falls through.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Can someone post a picture of one installed? Is this unit much better than the Metcos or Billetflows?

oneqkgt

Established Member
It looks factory and is the only bracket made with thought and the only one that actually gives you belt wrap.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Has anyone installed the Reichard Racing Tensioner in conjunction with _any_ auxiliary idler setup?

Tensioner-RR-01.jpg

This is one purty piece... and I guess it'd make sure your belt is tighter than a size 32 tank top on Pam Anderson :).

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
I just laid down my deposit for the bracket, so we're one closer to making this happen.

I'm going to start a list below of everyone who has already made a deposit with Magnum Powers. I'll update the list as others join in. If you have already made your deposit and your name isn't on the list, PM me so I can edit it. For everyone else... once you have made your deposit PM me and I'll update the list to include you as well.

Here's the names I know of so far:

- Throttle Jockey
- 02tblue
- LightningClint
- RIDETHE
- Lightning1
- BLK03SVT10TH
- rudyyr
- svtsteve2
- deebee53
- WickedSVT
- SVT Wylde