For those of you that sold your terminator...

JStyles

Established Member
What did you replace it with? Do you regret selling it?

I'm surprised, but I find myself wanting something with more refinement. I've been looking at getting an '06-'09 M5 or E63 AMG, but wonder if I will regret selling the cobra.

What do those of you that have parted with your cobras think?

Blueline

Established Member
Im really bad when it comes to cars. Im 34 years old and I have had 70 cars! I have had everything from a 72' Mustang (which I built with my old man when I was 16) to a lifted 2006 F250 Superduty Diesel that was lifted 8" with a Skyjacker lift and 36 inch tires.

I bought my first 04 Cobra two years ago, you name it I did to it. I sold it to a great member on here with it making 647rwhp. The car is/was perfect, I had it for about one year. I bought a 2006 Z06 which I did a bunch of engine work to it. The car made 555rwhp, sold it after owning it for about two months.

I bought a 2007 Audi RS4 to replace the Z06, got bored with it right away. I sold it after one month of owning it. I bought another 04 Cobra sight unseen and got hosed. Had it for about 3 weeks and sold it to a great member on here.

I replaced that a few weeks ago with a 2011 GT500 with 9k miles. So as you can see, I never really regret or get too attached. If I sell something and then want another one, just sell what you currently have and buy what you want lol. They are cars, I love to work on them and just flat out enjoy them.

So basically what Im saying is do what you want, these cars arent going to be "collectors" in our lifetime, just go out and enjoy them. Oh and by the way, I checked out the E63, nice car, but def. feels heavy and handles ok. I looked at buying the new CTS-V, that was a nice car too if your looking to upgrade. Good luck bud :beer:

Last edited:

NewDuuude

Established Member
Just another bmw or mercedes driving around..
Thats why i love the cobra

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Im really bad when it comes to cars. Im 34 years old and I have had 70 cars! I have had everything from a 72' Mustang (which I built with my old man when I was 16) to a lifted 2006 F250 Superduty Diesel that was lifted 8" with a Skyjacker lift and 36 inch tires.

I bought my first 04 Cobra two years ago, you name it I did to it. I sold it to a great member on here with it making 647rwhp. The car is/was perfect, I had it for about one year. I bought a 2006 Z06 which I did a bunch of engine work to it. The car made 555rwhp, sold it after owning it for about two months.

I bought a 2007 Audi RS4 to replace the Z06, got bored with it right away. I sold it after one month of owning it. I bought another 04 Cobra sight unseen and got hosed. Had it for about 3 weeks and sold it to a great member on here.

I replaced that a few weeks ago with a 2011 GT500 with 9k miles. So as you can see, I never really regret or get too attached. If I sell something and then want another one, just sell what you currently have and buy what you want lol. They are cars, I love to work on them and just flat out enjoy them.

So basically what Im saying is do what you want, these cars arent going to be "collectors" in our lifetime, just go out and enjoy them. Oh and by the way, I checked out the E63, nice car, but def. feels heavy and handles ok. I looked at buying the new CTS-V, that was a nice car too if your looking to upgrade. Good luck bud :beer:

Wow just wow :lol1: :poke: :beer:

The Terminator is just a raw machine. It's about as close as you can get to an old school muscle car in the fuel injection age IMO. I think that's why some go to GT500s and come back to Terminators. They miss that raw part one function design.

But if your a guy that loves modern comforts then yes move on. Plenty of good cars out there. Personally I just sold my Terminator for a GT-R.

Why not keep the Cobra and add a Turbo import?

Blueline

Established Member

The Terminator is just a raw machine. It's about as close as you can get to an old school muscle car in the fuel injection age IMO. I think that's why some go to GT500s and come back to Terminators. They miss that raw part one function design.

But if your a guy that loves modern comforts then yes move on. Plenty of good cars out there. Personally I just sold my Terminator for a GT-R.

Come on Aric you know how we roll! lol I was actually gonna call you today to see how that GT-R is doing :rockon::burnout::burnout:

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
The Terminator is just a raw machine. It's about as close as you can get to an old school muscle car in the fuel injection age IMO.
This is exactly how I feel. I get the same feeling as when I had my 67 Camaro 25 years ago. I would have to sell the Cobra for my next purchase and I would absolutely miss it. Like you, I am at a crossroads but for me it is for a more pure/outrageous/raw car, not so much a street car. Good Luck! :beer:

dom418

Established Member
Sold my black 04 coupe in 2011 with 6700 miles. Bought another black 04 coupe in sept 2012 with 2700 miles. Everyday without my Terminator was hell until I got another. There will always be another car that catches your eye but our cars are timeless despite their aged platform and interior. Save up and add to the stable.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Why dont you just do what I did...Keep the Cobra and get another daily. Like I mentioned in another thread, I recently picked up a 2006 BMW 330I 6 speed with the sports package for a decent price (less than $14,000) that I use to haul the kids to where ever and if the Mrs and I want to go somewhere fancy it covers that nicely as well....

Like you mentioned you and your wife go out a lot so I think you have a win win right there....Plus if you dont drive your Cobra as much you appreciate it more and enjoy the power that it has.......

I had to get rid of nice cars I had before (Vette, 88 Mustang GT, etc) I did miss those cars well within a month after selling them.....Also keep in mind it is not easy finding Cobra's like ours out there in decent shape or with low miles.....It is a 10+ year old car already..

I would keep it without a doubt.....How many have left and came back to a Terminator......

Last edited:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I miss all of my old cars, my 56 Chevy with the dual quads and 5.13 gears my first new car, a 78 Z28, my 68 camaro 350 4 speed car. What I find is that if you find a car you really like, hang onto it, it will go out of style, then they become "classics" and gain value. I've always wanted a blower car, my '99 35 anniversary has a Kenne bell, cobra brakes and an IRS. I love that car and I just can't get rid of it, of course I teared up when I traded in my F150 with 250K miles on it as well. Hang onto them! I wish I did.
FWIW everyone I know that sold (or wrecked) their Terminator they all wish they had them back.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I'm not going to sell my car but i too want more comfort when not driving my car. I really enjoy my expedition and 98 Mark VIII for a soft comfy ride.

JStyles

Established Member

If you are looking at an 06-09 M5 consider the 09 cts-v

Very good insight man, I've considered the V's too, but they haven't quite dropped into my price range - I may just wait a while longer.

Yeah, I also thought about getting something like a 335 and keeping the cobra, but that would actually be a more expensive option than selling both the cobra and the DD.

Why dont you just do what I did...Keep the Cobra and get another daily. Like I mentioned in another thread, I recently picked up a 2006 BMW 330I 6 speed with the sports package for a decent price (less than $14,000) that I use to haul the kids to where ever and if the Mrs and I want to go somewhere fancy it covers that nicely as well....

Like you mentioned you and your wife go out a lot so I think you have a win win right there....Plus if you dont drive your Cobra as much you appreciate it more and enjoy the power that it has.......

I had to get rid of nice cars I had before (Vette, 88 Mustang GT, etc) I did miss those cars well within a month after selling them.....Also keep in mind it is not easy finding Cobra's like ours out there in decent shape or with low miles.....It is a 10+ year old car already..
Very good points man, I may have to talk to you about getting some 3-series advice then haha.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! :beer:

I may have to just be patient and wait until I can buy more fun DD (sonata now). I don't want to sell the cobra (my dream car since it came out) and regret it for the rest of my life. Keep the input coming though.
I'll keep you guys posted on any moves I make...

ToddEdge

Established Member
I sold my last '03 Cobra and over the course of a year bought a Hummer H2, then a Lexus GS460. Honestly, you can't get the rush like you get in a Cobra. In the end, I ended up buying a "regular" daily driver and another '03 Cobra.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
If you want we can take my 330 out for a ride....you tell me the time....see if it is something you want to consider...

Users who are viewing this thread