For those of you that sold your terminator...

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
from time to time people inquire if i would like to sell mine, but i have a feeling if i sold my terminator i would really regret it. love driving it too much

mysticoupe

torquaholic
Established Member
I've owned my cobra since new, and own it till one of us dies! That being said the cts-v is a very good options, I love the sound of those whineing. I'm also a fan of mopars new srt-8s

Blaine

Established Member
What did you replace it with? Do you regret selling it?

I'm surprised, but I find myself wanting something with more refinement. I've been looking at getting an '06-'09 M5 or E63 AMG, but wonder if I will regret selling the cobra.

What do those of you that have parted with your cobras think?

See my sig. I've also owned a handful of BMW's and Lexus. No Just Noooo.

Unless your keeping it stock and buying it brand new... STAY AWAY from BMW, Lexus, Audi. ... Unless you like butt rape'ings for repairs. MONEY pits.

Heres what you can go by if you can afford a BMW/Merc/Lexus:

"If you can't afford it new, you can't afford a used one."

My friend is a Lexus mechanic. It fun to look at the customers repair bills for the SIMPLIEST repairs. I'm talking THOUSANDS.

If you are looking at an 06-09 M5 consider the 09 cts-v

I support this message.

If you want more refinement, get a GT500/CTS-V/Charger SRT8....

But the BMW 135i is a cheaper European option. Still more expensive than the domestic options. But the TT I6 makes it the fastest bang for the buck in that market. One chip and your over 400HP and a ton lighter than the other BMW's. But I got bored with it pretty fast.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I've been having these thoughts lately .. I love my 03 and its 611rwhp

but EVERY TIME i crawl into my daily 06 lariat f150 i wish my cobra had the same comfort and styling

i love the way newer vehicles feel and ride vs the 03

i dont know if i could sell it right now :shrug: .. but i know one day its going to happen

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
the 03/04 cobras are getting older and sure they are not for everyone~ I know I would miss it if I sold mine

G04cobra

Established Member
I sold mine, then bought it back a month later :nonono:
Why not look at some DD options instead?

JStyles

Established Member
Sold my black 04 coupe in 2011 with 6700 miles. Bought another black 04 coupe in sept 2012 with 2700 miles. Everyday without my Terminator was hell until I got another. There will always be another car that catches your eye but our cars are timeless despite their aged platform and interior. Save up and add to the stable.

I sold mine, then bought it back a month later :nonono:
Why not look at some DD options instead?

Drove the cobra to work today, got stuck in traffic which sucked. After a full day of work and grad school class at night, the car definitely put a smile on my face though! After today's fun and hearing all of the regret stories, I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to sell it.

I'm going to look into my DD options as others have said. Thanks so much for the input guys. I don't want to do something I'll regret later.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My cobra is only for nice days. Therefore I won't sell it! I don't need something comfortable, I love the raw power feel, heck I'm use to the foxbodies and the cobra feels a hair better,lol. One day I'll get a bigger garage built and add to the stable.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Different for everyone. I sold my silver 04 in my sig. Was looking for something more refined. Replaced with a 07 gt500. sold that soon after and was thinking about something else. I was just browsing ads because I still liked the 03/04, and somehow the bug bit me.

So I bought a low mileage stock 03. I don't think any car will really rake in the $$ like the 60/70's muscle cars, but they are becoming harder to find if you are picky, and stll have a good following, so I'd assume they will hold value pretty well. But thats to be seen. Not like that really matters to me or anything, it just harder to find cleaner ones. It is what it is.

They aren't the most refined, aren't the fastest, but something about them keeps me interested. Honestly, if my car wasn't so pristine, I'd probably think about getting something else. I've been toying around with the idea of getting something different, but I honestly feel I wouldnt' find one as clean as mine if I wanted another, so I've held off. Not saying its the absolute nicest, but its really clean, and I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of finding another. People demod them, beat the crap of them, etc.

Although, I've been very tempted looking at some Porche's. Even thought about a Supra, but so far, haven't made any plans or pull the trigger.

Thinking about a new DD since mine took a shit last year, but who knows. Not sure if that helps, but that was my experience.

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
sold mine last year with ~30K miles to a fellow member. had it for nearly ten years and swore to myself I'd never sell it, and the idea was to always have it as a Sunday car, but as I got older I began to lose interest. I did love the car for everything it was though! for all those original owners that still have theirs you guys ****ing rock :beer: had my eyes on one of these ever since they came out so the terminator became a fat down payment and I'm not looking back

raptorl.jpg

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
I'm literally in the same boat. I've been debating on an e55 or m5. I've always come back to the cobra. I do miss creature comforts especially taking my girl in the cobra. But it's paid off so maybe just do what others have done and get a daily. I know as soon as I sold this one I'd be searching for another one.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Im definitely having a hard time thinking about parting with mine. I may just add an econo box a few years old and have 4 cars in the driveway. People will wonder how many are living in my house.:banana:

nol300

Established Member
Glad I will never have to go through this as she will never be sold. But I could not drive it all the time and rarely do with only 6k. To insure she never got sold I made this purchase a wedding gift from the wife so now it's sentimental to her.:)

03COBRA-88

Established Member
My cobra is already being stored in a another garage right now and it will be sold soon. It is a horrible feeling and one of the toughest things I've had to do in my life :( Never thought I would sell it :nonono:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
currently i have had my 03 for 4 years now and it's modded just the way i want it .. i don't know if i will get rid of it bc its my toy to :burnout:

my daily is an 06 lariat f150 which i love .. it isn't going anywhere because a man always needs a truck .. especially when i get a boat soon enough

i am thinking of parking the truck bc i want it to last forever (currently 75k miles) .. and my new job is a good commute so i hate driving it daily now with its cruddy 16mpg

i am thinking hard of getting a white platinum 2013 titanium fusion to add to my collection to be my daily .. those cars look great, have lots of options, and gets 36mpg!

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
currently i have had my 03 for 4 years now and it's modded just the way i want it .. i don't know if i will get rid of it bc its my toy to :burnout:

my daily is an 06 lariat f150 which i love .. it isn't going anywhere because a man always needs a truck .. especially when i get a boat soon enough

i am thinking of parking the truck bc i want it to last forever (currently 75k miles) .. and my new job is a good commute so i hate driving it daily now with its cruddy 16mpg

i am thinking hard of getting a white platinum 2013 titanium fusion to add to my collection to be my daily .. those cars look great, have lots of options, and gets 36mpg!

I agree those fusions are nice. I have a 1998 f150, starting to rust. But it only has 57k miles on it and it's my daily driver. I'll drive this truck to the ground, and your right a man can always make good use of a truck! I get heck on not fixing the rust or people asking me to upgrade, but why? Here in minnesota I don't think it pays (atleast not for me) to have a super nice daily when they continue to dump salt all over the roads. Things will rust eventually, unless the vehicle is made of all plastic,lol.

Drokkers

Established Member
im not sure how you would be able to sell these things off. Now i dont have one (read my sig) but once i do, it will be parked next to my camaro. To each their own though.

Users who are viewing this thread