For those thinking VMP TVS

Jinkx

Established Member
Played with a mustang the other night. He had a 2016 GT with a 2.9 whipple and exhaust (headers) all else stock. Beautiful car. In Mexico from a 60 mph punch me in 3rd gear I would jump him 2 to 2 1/2 cars from the jump then I couldn't pull him anymore and he couldn't gain on me either. We ran 3x. I have no idea hi boost level. We both had 3.73 gears. This is just my experience. Real world. The bigger blowers work but you have to spin them from what I'm hearing. Im shifting at 6200. Not to many blower cars are shifting that early. But for me it saves my motor. A bigger blower makes no sense for me.

Here is another example. Talked to VMP about the new Gen 3--(2.6 gen3 mine is Gen2R 2.3) to see how it was working. They said for my car it would add 60 hp without losing low end torque but it costs 3900.00 dollar upgrade. Not cost effective but like everyone I'm addicted to horsepower too.
Hears the thing though the extra 60 hp was made at 7500 rpm !!!!!! Per VMP.
I simply cannot buzz my motor that hard being stock and expect it to stay together. I asked what was the power increase at 6000 and I was told it was 22 hp. Both blowers were pulling for 18 lbs of boost .
I asked about torque down low from like 2500 to 4500 and was told 14 ft lbs different.
For me it's a no brainer to just leave well enough alone but yes I won't have the best peak number the bigger blowers will give but for a streetcar my combo seems to do well.
Again just my expierance. Hope this info helps make good decisions for people buying a new blower.

Jinkx

Established Member
Now a methanol injection kit is very interesting to me. Nice 2.5 gallon tank would last me a while and it's cheap insurance for those 100 plus Texas days. Seems a good stage 3 snow kit is very user friendly. One way to add more power but actually helping the motor by cooling the intake charge down and keeping detonation away.
Again to this day I have not had any heat soak issues.
If your looking at buying a new blower and live in the North Dallas Tex area let me know we can go for a ride. Always willing to help out fellow hot rodders as I have been helped many times. Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread