For those with nitrous, why nitrous?

HamMach1

Established Member
What made you want to go with nitrous and not a different form of FI? Also, do you have any regrets for choosing nitrous?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
I've had it on a few things. It's cheap, lots of power, and great if you dd the car. Not constant abuse and bad mileage on the way to work due to a heavy foot. It's completely independent, so is something is wrong with the kit you can still drive the car.

Once this car wasn't a dd I switched up. Only time I take it out is to play.

If I had a straight track car, it would still be on the kit, just 2-3 of them with a built motor. Lol

bleedout

Established Member
Torque!!!! Like ^^^ said, cheap, fun as hell, and reliable. I have the zex wet kit on my stang, with all the accessories. I love it. Ive had a centri vortech which i didnt really love, no torque and only pulled up high. My 04' Cobra after bolt ons and pulley was a beast. Very fun and damn i miss it. But this is my second nitrous kit and no complaints other than the price of nos by the pound changes too damn much. Up here last fill it cost me $7 a pound. The zex kit was rather easy to install but i took my time and it turned out great. Love it, hoping for low 12's this spring on a 100 shot. If not, 125 pills will work:rockon:

corysmach1

Established Member
Nitrous is extremely fast...makes a bunch of torque and hits very hard. Combine that with a sticky tire and steep gear and you have tough street car. My mach shocked a lot of people. I loved it but boost is a lot better just cuz its there all the time.

cobra 97

Established Member
i have a 97 cobra with 4.10 gears.o/r xpipe.slp loudmouth exhaust.short shifter.10.5 wide wheels in the back...looking to go nitrous ....any suggestions i was told wet kit???any other upgrades i need to be safe and not break anything???

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I like combination power adders. I like to keep a nice street tune then instead of swapping pulleys, I just add some good gas, change my tune, and hit the jucie.

The nitrous cools the charge temps and increases torque.

Fun times!

bleedout

Established Member
i have a 97 cobra with 4.10 gears.o/r xpipe.slp loudmouth exhaust.short shifter.10.5 wide wheels in the back...looking to go nitrous ....any suggestions i was told wet kit???any other upgrades i need to be safe and not break anything???

Im running the Zex wet kit, its the second zex kit ive had i love it, reliable, never had any issues. I def recommend getting a window switch tho with whatever you decide. On my old 02' stang i had the zex kit without the window switch and one day i was racing this dude and whooped his ass, well he wanted a second run from a roll and i missed 3rd gear and had a nasty nitrous backfire, thankfully only my poor JLT intake took the hit. It blew that pvc pipe right in half. Thankfully i was able to nurse it to the store, $4 and sum duct tape later i was back on the road home lol.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Its cheap, however it did a number on my first engine!

More than likely the tune did a number on the motor. Nitrous is a great power adder and when tuned right can be very reliable. OP have you ever felt the hit of a 150 shot from a 40 mph roll? You'd be hooked that's a promise

HamMach1

Established Member
More than likely the tune did a number on the motor. Nitrous is a great power adder and when tuned right can be very reliable. OP have you ever felt the hit of a 150 shot from a 40 mph roll? You'd be hooked that's a promise

I have actually never driven a FI'd car or been a passenger, period.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
OP, quite honestly if your inquisitive about nitrous I suggest you do a little homework, corral.net has more info than you could imagine, and look into a nitrous express wet kit with a window switch and a good tuner.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
OP, quite honestly if your inquisitive about nitrous I suggest you do a little homework, corral.net has more info than you could imagine, and look into a nitrous express wet kit with a window switch and a good tuner.

+1 OP I have spent countless hours in the nitrous section on there.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
It becomes a pain not having that power all the time and battling bottle pressure and tunes. You will become pissed dealing with it and just end up supercharging or turbo.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I have an in car digital gauge and an nx heater, never battled with tunes or pressure. Nitrous is good for a dd car, when the switch is off the cars stock.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
It becomes a pain not having that power all the time and battling bottle pressure and tunes. You will become pissed dealing with it and just end up supercharging or turbo.

That's the best part, good daily driving off bottle.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member

Bottle pressure? Nano ftw. Hook it up and forget about it. :)

If you start using alot of spray, just goto airgas to get a master bottle and siphon fill ur bottles with a 4an. Gets your gas down to about 2 bucks a lb too. I always had 2-3 bottles at the house. Just swap in a fresh one when u wanna play.

Users who are viewing this thread