For you DBZ fans: live action Saiyan Saga Trailer

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
A small production company in England created this fan made trailer for their attempt at a live action movie. This trailer is 100x better than that garbage Dragonball Evolution that hollywood spat out. This trailer has almost 3 million views in less than a week. If people enjoy live action movies like the Avengers, the Dragonball series has tremendous potential as a film series depending on who's in charge of it.

[youtube_browser]Vx-E9pzOFPM[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Saw this a couple of days ago, it was posted on IGN. Looks good, I can imagine it with better graphics it would be a small hit.

Was easily better than that Garbage movie Evolution. This reminds me of the reboot that Mortal Kombat is doing. Glad to see smaller companies are taking action and schooling the major one's on how its supposed to be done.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Glad to see smaller companies are taking action and schooling the major one's on how its supposed to be done.

That's exactly what I thought after watching the video. For the limited resources and VERY low budget that was available to make this trailer, they did an excellent job. The market is there for a movie like this, it just needs to be done right.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Sorry but DBZ and live action dont belong in the same sentence. Stick to anime..

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry but DBZ and live action dont belong in the same sentence. Stick to anime..

I have to agree. There is something that does not carry over when there are humans doing anime.

The newer DBZ stuff has great graphics, this did not do much for me and I am a fan of DBZ.

I like Naruto too, but I do not think that would transfer over either.

E

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Better attempt that the stupid evolution movie....but im still partial to the japanese version with eng subs....:rockon:

V8Mustang1967

Established Member
This was horrible! At least piccol wasnt white and actually green though. Still the way it was drawn in Anime i always pictured them as American faces. Id rather watch the Anime.

dark-knight

Established Member
the mortal kombat trailer was a small series of online videos, and it sucked. it only told a 3-6 min story of each character.

but i partially agree that DBZ should stay anime. But atleast same time it would be awesome to have a real life one. kinda like a mix between matrix and mortal kombat.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I give it a C+/B-. Its very hard to capture anime through live action but it was good to watch.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
I give it a C+/B-. Its very hard to capture anime through live action but it was good to watch.

I totally agree, however you have to consider that they produced this trailer with an extremely finite amount of resources and low budget. I think the budget for this trailer was something like $25,000 (which was all from donations) for all the actors, costume designers, editors, etc...... vs the $30,000,000 budget Dragonball Evolution had. Considering this trailer was hundreds of time better than DBE I would give them an A+ for what they had to work with and can only imagine what could be done if they had a Hollywood account to fund the project.

Users who are viewing this thread