• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Ford Adds 'Black' Appearance Package to the Ranger

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Mar 25, 2019.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Ford Adds 'Black' Appearance Package to the Ranger

2019_Ranger_Black_001.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., March 25, 2019 – With the all-new Ford Ranger off to a strong start since the first trucks went on sale in January, Ford is already introducing a new Black Appearance Package, helping buyers further customize their Ranger to match their unique personal style.

More than two-thirds of all-new Ranger pickups are leaving showrooms optioned with either the Sport Appearance Package that adds unique wheels and Magnetic Gray-painted accents, or the Chrome Appearance Package with bright chrome wheels and chrome body accents.

The new Black Appearance Package gives Ranger customers a bold and stylish new option.

“Like the rest of their gear, Ranger customers are choosing the option that best fits their adventures,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Having the right gear matters and so does the right look. The Black Appearance Package adds aggressive style to the adventures our customers embark on.”

Available with any Ranger body color, the Black Appearance Package’s aggressive look will help the truck stand out on the beach or in the backcountry. Its standard features include:

• Black-painted grille
    • Body-color bumpers
    • High-gloss black-painted 18-inch aluminum wheels with black center caps
    • Black running boards
    • Black spray-in bed liner
    • Black fender vent surround
    • Black mirrors
    • Black sill plate
    • Black bash plate on FX4 Off-Road Package
    • Black lower valance
    The Ranger Black Appearance Package is available as an option for $1,995 (excludes taxes) and can be ordered at dealers now, with deliveries targeted to begin in early summer.

Built Ford Tough and ready for adventure

In addition to individual style, the all-new Ford Ranger answers the call from truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission.

Inside, Ranger blends comfort and functionality with room for up to five people, their gear and accessories. The center stack includes an 8-inch touch screen for the available SYNC® 3 system, while the instrument cluster features productivity screens for real-time vehicle and audio information plus available navigation.

Ranger incorporates advanced passenger convenience and connectivity features, plus smart driver-assist technologies including standard automatic emergency braking. Ford Co-Pilot360™ technologies like Lane-Keeping System and class-exclusive Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage are standard on XLT and Lariat trim levels. Additional driver-assist technologies including adaptive cruise control and forward and reverse sensing systems are available on both XLT and Lariat.

2. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Established Member

Wish these new rangers had a little more muscle...

me32 and HudsonFalcon like this.
  3. lexustech48

lexustech48 I <3 Ford Premium Member Established Member

Ford should add the Bronco appearance package at the next major auto show.

7998, me32 and HudsonFalcon like this.
  4. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Established Member

What I was expecting - 31929510006_large-1.jpeg 31929510001_large-1.jpeg 32956110001_original.jpeg OCIFr.jpeg 30562280004_large.jpeg 15561989_large.jpeg

PhoenixM3, me32 and bluebosss197 like this.
  5. Corbic

Fixed it for you....

6. 2000GTSTANG

2000GTSTANG Well-Known Member Established Member

They should add a 2.7 Ecoboost next.

me32 likes this.
  7. jeffh81

jeffh81 Built Not Bought Established Member

Cut into f150 sales then.

8. jeffh81

jeffh81 Built Not Bought Established Member

9. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Established Member

Im hopeing to see them add that engine. We may have to wait for ford to make a US ranger raptor to get that 2.7

10. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

11. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

12. Corbic

Totally agree. It was cool as an antithesis of the 90's plastic chrome everything and beige barges with bronze wheels. But now it is the 90's delux champaign of car packages.

The name "black appearance" also aggravates the hell out of me (hense the joke). Can't even come. Up with something halfway original.

can-anyone-photoshop-this-civic-to-be-black-thx-you-41717287.jpeg

bluebosss197 and 7998 like this.
  13. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

When we were kids in the 80's & early 90's we painted our wheels black because they were usually in shitty shape and we couldn't afford anything else. We drove around in primered cars to mask the bondo. Nowadays it's a trend like $400 ripped work jeans. Pretty gay one at that. "Oh heres your $90k Z06 with black wheels so you can look poor or you're too lazy to clean them". I mean wtf it's not like they're polished aluminum, been there done that too, and never again.