Ford and GM together?

bluestreak89

Established Member
A Ford Corvette or Chevy Mustang would be nice :xpl:

I guess they want to hold hands as they sink into the abyss. Why would one sturggling company want to become two struggling companies? Are they trying to create a monoploy here in the states? I will buy nothing but chrysler/dodge if that happens.

chuckstang

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
A Ford Corvette or Chevy Mustang would be nice :xpl:

I guess they want to hold hands as they sink into the abyss. Why would one sturggling company want to become two struggling companies? Are they trying to create a monoploy here in the states? I will buy nothing but chrysler/dodge if that happens.

could you elaborate on why it would be such a terrible idea? I would rather them merge than go under. Odds are if Ford goes under, GM will follow soon after and likewise if GM goes under.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
What would 2 companies that are having substantial financial and leadership woes bring to the party by going to 1? If they came together would they immediately say "Now that we are 1 big mess we need to get our shit together?".

Instead of band aiding the problem, have the balls to admit it sucks and re-write the book. Ford I believe is trying to do this ... New leadership and buying out the unions.

This will take some time. It will not happen over night. You at least have to get the train moving in the right direction first.

As I said over in a similar thread ... now that Toyota is in (will bein) Nascar Sunday afternoons, see how the pressure is really put on ... They are already starting to run the warm fuzzy "Thank You Nascar fans" adds on Sunday.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I dont think it would work out well if they came 2gether. Lol what if the new mustang for 09 came with a LSX motor in it or camaro with a ford motor:loser:

rezcobra

Established Member
chuckstang said:
could you elaborate on why it would be such a terrible idea? I would rather them merge than go under. Odds are if Ford goes under, GM will follow soon after and likewise if GM goes under.

Terrible idea beacause they are number 1 and 2 in size in the US and 99% chance the feds will rule it a monopoly.

01silverstang

Established Member
It would be perfect because the competition between ford and chevy wouldn't hurt either because the profits would be shared by both. It would also allow for technology sharing....

If the brands were kept seperate it could work

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
:idea: I'm trying to picture a senario with these two merged :read: They have allready collaborated on a 6 speed automatic transmission (FWD). I would have never imagined Daimler merging with Chrysler a couple of years back so i'm going to be pesimistic about this possibility. :read: I also saw this info on Autoweek.com:Ford GT to cease at 4,038 cars
DETROIT -- When Ford Motor Co. ends production of the 550-hp GT on Sept. 21, the total production figure of the $150,000 two-seater will be 4,038.

The Shelby Mustang GT 500 takes over as Ford's performance flagship

Last edited:

jimmy77

Established Member
I've got 2 toyotas now....a yaris and a tacoma off-road. Great rigs. I tried to by a gt 500 but, I'm NOT gonna pay 70k, period.

As far as the merger goes... They both know how to build suv's and trucks....and both build pretty darn good performance rigs...Vette,GT, gt 500. If they can share info and buil a kick ass econo box they'll have her whipped....good luck to em'.

I still think the've got something up their sleeves. I think Ford has a NEW technology that they aren't talking about (aquagen fuel burning vehicles). I do think its great that they are (maybe) gonna share it with Chevrolet. Just a hunch that I have. Maybe I should buy some Ford and GM stock....hmmmmm. Guess what happens when you inject Aquagen into the motor with gasoline???? You get a vehicle that will achieve a 50% increase in fuel economy. Ford and GM could find themselves at the top of the heap very quickly as they would own the patents on the new technology. Also, a vehicle could run theoretically on 100% aquagen....requing NO gas at all...just water! Toyota and Honda would be finished. This makes the acqusition of Alan Mulally more understandable...you don't hire someone of his skill level just to be a hatchetman....you need someone who can transition the company as quickly as possible. Transition it to what???? We'll soon see. (the world's undisputed leader in hydrogen burning vehicles) I think you'll see these vehicles in a couple of years.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Not going to happen. There is no merger planned, they wanted to do a collaborative effort to help drive down costs of components, like what they are doing with the 6speed automatics (they're been working it together for 4 years). So no its no merger.

By the way. Repost.

Users who are viewing this thread