Ford EV Frustration

Do you like how Ford is forcing dealers to advertise EVs at MSRP?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Ford should limit to advertising at or BELOW MSRP

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When Ford rolled out the Mach E and the Lightning they went to a One-Price model for consumer transparency. All dealers, have to advertise their affected EVs at MSRP. Not above, not below. MSRP.

However, when a customer calls, emails or comes in, that dealership since they are operating as a private/publicly owned entity, can sell the affected vehicles for whatever they'd like; whether that's $10,000+ over MSRP or below MSRP. To me, and I welcome other opinions, that's the opposite of transparency. It brings me back to the days of "Call For Pricing" CTAs on websites.

As consumers, what do you think about their advertising model?

I'm a huge Pro-Ford guy. I think they make the best products in the market consistently. I don't like this thought process.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
agreed, I'm not going to contact you for pricing because I assume you're going to try and **** me. If you advertise it at 55k msrp and I come in to see it's 65k you can go **** yourself and if I've got time on my hands you're probably getting bad reviews for wasting my time

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
When Ford rolled out the Mach E and the Lightning they went to a One-Price model for consumer transparency. All dealers, have to advertise their affected EVs at MSRP. Not above, not below. MSRP.

However, when a customer calls, emails or comes in, that dealership since they are operating as a private/publicly owned entity, can sell the affected vehicles for whatever they'd like; whether that's $10,000+ over MSRP or below MSRP. To me, and I welcome other opinions, that's the opposite of transparency. It brings me back to the days of "Call For Pricing" CTAs on websites.

As consumers, what do you think about their advertising model?

I'm a huge Pro-Ford guy. I think they make the best products in the market consistently. I don't like this thought process.
Can they please do this with every vehicle? The gouging is beyond embarrassing for this industry. I used to buy new fleet vehicles every two years and now we are making old trucks last longer and refusing to buy new. I don't think Im alone in doing this. Stealerships could disappear tomorrow and that would be a huge plus for consumers. Ive had it with gouging.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Either blow up the dealership model and force dealers to advertise/sell for whatever you want, or let the dealers sell/advertise as they wish.

Got it!

Well something like that could happen in about 5 states...but the rest have strong enough Franchise Laws that would make the blow up choice impossible.

mariusvt

Established Member
If you advertise for $50 and you try to sell me something for $60…

I’d call that false advertising.

And I would refuse to buy anything from that dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I mean it's not wildly different than they've been doing for years, applying every discount under the sun to their web pricing to get people in that area too dumb to realize they don't qualify for most if not all of the credits.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Went through this a year ago, the price on the Internet was never the price when you step foot on the dealer lot. It was always MSRP plus adm or MSRP plus $2k of add ons. It got to the point that I just bought private to not deal with the bs. If I was forced to buy a new car tomorrow, I'd buy Tesla at this point.

In summary, the advertised price online should match the price on the lot.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
As if the advertised price online is actually what the price is anyways. I feel it's always the lowest price when you apply every single discount and rebate that one person in 150 million would qualify for.

Didn't vote in poll because I won't buy an EV regardless

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
it’s it’s definitely deceitful when there’s a $10k markup but I would imagine advertising your cars thousands of dollars more than your competitors wouldn’t be to beneficial either. The business man in me has learned not to accept everything at face value so I wouldn’t expect an advertised price to be set in stone.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I'm a firm believer in capitalism. I don't like big markups, but if the market supports it, so be it.
Capitalism is great! What’s happening is called a Monopoly. Ford is selling cars ONLY to its 2950 “friends”. You and I cannot buy these vehicles. Capitalism is giving everyone the opportunity to buy from the manufacturer. The “friends” then go and gouge you and I for the privalage to be able to buy the vehicle. It’s a joke and a scam. The practice is ruining the vehicle market and will collapse on itself eventually.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Capitalism is great! What’s happening is called a Monopoly. Ford is selling cars ONLY to its 2950 “friends”. You and I cannot buy these vehicles. Capitalism is giving everyone the opportunity to buy from the manufacturer. The “friends” then go and gouge you and I for the privalage to be able to buy the vehicle. It’s a joke and a scam. The practice is ruining the vehicle market and will collapse on itself eventually.
Yeah, maybe. Most manufacturers don't sell direct. There's always a middleman.

It would be an interesting experiment to eliminate the middleman in purchasing. I wonder what it would morph into?

Users who are viewing this thread