Ford Fr550gt

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Car & Driver Dec, 06 issue has an article on the new FR500GT. Looks like a great out of the box racer but $225,000?????? I don't guess there gonna sell a lot of them. One of the lows pointed out in the article "Wonky pedal, numb brakes. You can find a faster car for $225,000." Car looks great, but last years was what $125,000. WTF???

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
The FR500C is $125,000(code name Boy Racer). FR500GT is $225,000(code name MANRACER). Two totally different cars. Davis would like to get some kind of Trans Am series going again.

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
The FR500C is $125,000(code name Boy Racer). FR500GT is $225,000(code name MANRACER). Two totally different cars. Davis would like to get some kind of Trans Am series going again.

Boy, Man , Cat, Dog, whatever....$225,000???:shrug: :dw:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
firemanmike said:
Car & Driver Dec, 06 issue has an article on the new FR500GT. Looks like a great out of the box racer but $225,000?????? I don't guess there gonna sell a lot of them. One of the lows pointed out in the article "Wonky pedal, numb brakes. You can find a faster car for $225,000." Car looks great, but last years was what $125,000. WTF???

I read that article, too. "Wonky pedal"? WTF does that mean? Anyway, C&D, R&T pretty much suck, I just picked that up @ the airport for something to read. I would never trust their opinion anyway. $225 is a lot of $$$ though....

Angus

Established Member
firemanmike said:

Both cars are performance bargains for the type of racing series they were designed to compete in.

The "Boy Racer" was so sucessful that race officials required changes to slow it down or it wouldn't be allowed to compete - that's how far ahead of the competition it was... :burnout:

chuckstang

Established Member
You could easily buy a v6 stang and build that same exact car for at least 100k less
125k is what the price should be if that
And any race motor can make 550hp. That really is not much of an accomplishment.
Sweet car but whoopdy doo

eci

Banned
chuckstang said:
You could easily buy a v6 stang and build that same exact car for at least 100k less
And any race motor can make 550hp. That really is not much of an accomplishment.

Any race motor can run at redline for hours?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:

Chuck:

Please! :rolleyes: You've never built a race car, how would you know?! :read:

A N/A race motor that makes 550hp is not much of an accomplishment? :lol: There are no power adders on this car Chuck! :idea:

I think you need to do a little research!? :pop:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
ac427cobra said:

Voice 1= I'll have the roasted duck with the mango salsa
Voice 2 = I dont have much of an appetite thank you.

:smmon:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
chuckstang said:
You get right on that and let us know how it turns out.:lol:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
Voice 1= I'll have the roasted duck with the mango salsa
Voice 2 = I dont have much of an appetite thank you.

:smmon:

:pepper:

chuckstang

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Chuck:

Please! :rolleyes: You've never built a race car, how would you know?! :read:

A N/A race motor that makes 550hp is not much of an accomplishment? :lol: There are no power adders on this car Chuck! :idea:

UMMmm race motors are meant to be driven at high rpms for long periods of time (that is why they call them race motors)
The engines in nascar are n/a and make more power and cost similar to this motor.
I stand by my statement that an all out n/a race motor that makes 550 flywheel hp is good but nothing to jump up and down over.
perhaps Fourcam could chime in...
The amount of power is sort of worthless because the race series it is designed for limits the power anyway.
for whatever its worth, they put restrictors on the motors in the boy racer mustangs because they had an unfair advantage.
It is an awsome car none the less. I would rather own this car than have sex with anna kournikova :pepper:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
550 horsepower might not seem like alot, but it depends on the weight ( btw what does it weigh ) ? and at 225 k does seem expensive. But it might be more capable of things then we think ? :poke:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
UMMmm race motors are meant to be driven at high rpms for long periods of time (that is why they call them race motors)
The engines in nascar are n/a and make more power and cost similar to this motor.
I stand by my statement that an all out n/a race motor that makes 550 flywheel hp is good but nothing to jump up and down over.
perhaps Fourcam could chime in...
The amount of power is sort of worthless because the race series it is designed for limits the power anyway.
for whatever its worth, they put restrictors on the motors in the boy racer mustangs because they had an unfair advantage.
It is an awsome car none the less. I would rather own this car than have sex with anna kournikova :pepper:

Chuck:

With every one of your posts, comes more "self ownage". :(

Nascar motors are built to run 500 miles and then they are junk. Complete and total rebuild is necessary.

If I were you I'd take the sex with Anna Kornikova. You need your cherry popped! ;-) :poke:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
It's looks like a great product from Ford, but $225,000??? Shit, you could almost buy 3 GT500's for that kind of money!!!:rollseyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
another consideration is displacement. now i havnt seen this article(let alone heard much about this car), but im assuming it has a 4.6, 5.0(more than likely), or a 5.4. nascar engines displace more than that. and like was previously mentioned, they are rebuilt after every single race.

Users who are viewing this thread