Ford Fr550gt

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
go build your own and see if you can build as trick a piece for that price. i bet you cant (unless you magically make time cost nothing, and even then...)

Exactly, you could make the car for cheaper IF you don't account for the cost of the machines to build it or the time it takes to fab up the parts, actually put the car together and get everything all sorted out.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Mike H said:
how are they getting 525+Hp out of a NA 5.0L:shrug:
The cammer engine that I saw had 4V heads with a variable geometry intake. In the simplest way I can put it; they have an electronically controlled flap that switches airflow back and forth between either long runners or short runners depending on the RPM of the engine. It looked like it had the same throttle body as the GT500/Lightnings/V10 on a NA 5.0 engine so you know its moving some serious air. :rockon:

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
The cammer engine that I saw had 4V heads with a variable geometry intake. In the simplest way I can put it; they have an electronically controlled flap that switches airflow back and forth between either long runners or short runners depending on the RPM of the engine. It looked like it had the same throttle body as the GT500/Lightnings/V10 on a NA 5.0 engine so you know its moving some serious air. :rockon:

Sweet! Thanks, I would love to see pics of that:thumbsup: Built by RYR!!:bowdown:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Mike H said:
Sweet! Thanks, I would love to see pics of that:thumbsup: Built by RYR!!:bowdown:

You can see a picture of the intake in the FRPP catalog. All the stuff to build the motor is offered from Ford I believe. Blueprinting and porting everything to match up and work perfectly together (along with tuning) is where they start getting the big numbers from. At least from what I have seen, I am sure they have many tricks that us average guys know nothing about :poke: I am by no means an expert or an engine builder so take my comments with a grain of salt. :beer:

Last edited:

Thekid760

Fordaholic
Established Member
$225k is a lot of dough, but still one heck of a deal.

- The engine is a NA 5.0 DOHC making 525+HP and if thats not enough, It is designed to last an entire season of Trans-Am road racing :rockon:
(NASCAR engines or carberated 350ci small blocks designed to only last 200-500 miles)

- The chassis has well over 30 hours into just building the roll cage and seam welds to make it rock solid.

- The Transmission is $12k, it's a sequential 6-speed that works like a motorcycle trans, just pull forward or backward to change gears.

- The brakes are supplied by AP Racing with 15" 2-piece floating rotors and 6 piston calipers in from and 13" 2-piece floating rotors with 4 piston calipers on the rear. That is a lot of braking power for a 3100lb mustang.

- The car pulls over 1.15g's on the skidpad.

If I had the money there's no question that I'd get one, and would rather have this than a ford GT and 2 shelby GT500's.

But thats just me :shrug:

95_XB331

Established Member
Wow, 3100 is pretty impressive compared to a GT/GT500, shows there's a lot of luxo stuff as well as NVH add-ons in the production cars...which is good news as there's potential for some weight loss.

I see they went with the Supra-like hood (all the vents) :poke: . They're (GT500/Ford) starting to pull the same import tricks to get more power (which is usually more $$$)--as long as the ricer effects don't come in I'm ok with that.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Thekid760 said:
$225k is a lot of dough, but still one heck of a deal.

- The engine is a NA 5.0 DOHC making 525+HP and if thats not enough, It is designed to last an entire season of Trans-Am road racing :rockon:
(NASCAR engines or carberated 350ci small blocks designed to only last 200-500 miles)

- The chassis has well over 30 hours into just building the roll cage and seam welds to make it rock solid.

- The Transmission is $12k, it's a sequential 6-speed that works like a motorcycle trans, just pull forward or backward to change gears.

- The brakes are supplied by AP Racing with 15" 2-piece floating rotors and 6 piston calipers in from and 13" 2-piece floating rotors with 4 piston calipers on the rear. That is a lot of braking power for a 3100lb mustang.

- The car pulls over 1.15g's on the skidpad.

If I had the money there's no question that I'd get one, and would rather have this than a ford GT and 2 shelby GT500's.

But thats just me :shrug:
dont forget the CF hood, splitter, wing, and front fenders, sparco race seats, wheel, harness, and "cable activated extinguisher" system, custom 4-into-2-into-1 headers, C & R aluminum radiator, and oil cooler, dynamic suspensions coilovers at all 4 corners(though it still lists "inverted strut" for the front suspension along with coilover:shrug: ), adjustable camber/caster plates, and anti-roll bar, ATL 22 gallon "dual dry break" fuel cell, 18x11/18x12 BBS', and a RYR built, dry sumped 5.0 "cammer".
come on chuck, i think we ALL want to see you build this thing for a penny less than $225K. this thing is an absoloute STEAL!!! i think i would take this over a gt too(well, maybe), then add everything neccesary to make it street legal(kit car/dune buggy loop hole anyone?).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ry_Trapp0 said:
come on chuck, i think we ALL want to see you build this thing for a penny less than $225K. this thing is an absoloute STEAL!!! i think i would take this over a gt too(well, maybe),

Chuck's going to build one for $50,000.00 to show us how easy it is! I can't wait to see it! I'm so excited!!!! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread