Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Sons still waiting for delivery of his 2024 Grand Cherokee L. He ordered a 2023 back in April just before that production year ended. He was notified in July that it got trashed beyond repair somewhere between plant and dealership.

They apologized and suppposefly fast tracked an order for a new 2024 at same price.

He was told that it's been built. It was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago. He asks for updates, and was told that the GC plant was still operating. All the dealership does is just forwards Stellantis emails to him with bullshit responses.
I just bought a non-L a couple weeks ago. I was worried the incentives would start going away so I snatched a service loaner.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At work today, they had a printout of what GM had offered the UAW.
Part of the list was the inclusion of "Juneteenth" as a paid Holiday.
This would make the number of paid Holidays go from 20 to 21 per year.
WTF?
I did not know there were that many Holidays in a year, let alone June ****ing Teenth.
What a clown show.
The whole system is going to crash if this keeps up for to much longer.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
At work today, they had a printout of what GM had offered the UAW.
Part of the list was the inclusion of "Juneteenth" as a paid Holiday.
This would make the number of paid Holidays go from 20 to 21 per year.
WTF?
I did not know there were that many Holidays in a year, let alone June ****ing Teenth.
What a clown show.
The whole system is going to crash if this keeps up for to much longer.
It's a federal holiday

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I wasn't advocating for anything, nor was I arguing the validity of what holidays are currently in existence. Just saying, it's a federal holiday

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think we get 6 at work. We take way more, mainly the holiday time. Wife gets paid for all those due to her position, I don't being 100% commission.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m a Ford loyalist, but let’s be honest, Toyota is better quality.

I just gave up on my shitbox Focus and bought a 23’ Corolla. Didn’t even shop around.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Did the same and bought a ‘22, bought a ‘21 Highlander Plat for the wife from the same dealer. Didn’t hassle me at all and not regretting it one bit.

robvas

Established Member
Don't they have actual disadvantaged people to help out?

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpeg
    IMG_6018.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 87

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Mack Leadership approved of a deal, but membership rejected it and went on strike today.

"DETROIT (AP) — Union workers at Mack Trucks went on strike Monday after voting down a tentative five-year contract agreement that negotiators had reached with the company.

The United Auto Workers said 4,000 unionized workers walked out at 7 a.m., adding to labor turmoil in the industry that has ensnared all three big Detroit automakers.

With those workers joining picket lines, the total number of UAW members that are on strike now exceeds 30,000 across 22 states, the union said Monday."

Source:

q6543

Established Member
I’ll tell ya this, it was 40 degrees on the picket line last night and morale is LOW.

People are starting to get angry that we don’t have a contract and again multiple people worrying with it getting close to Christmas.

I think the offer presented by Ford recently sounded great… but I also would’ve took the 1st offer and missed a 13% larger raise.
Hopefully a deal breaks this week.
I believe they’re very close.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Mack Leadership approved of a deal, but membership rejected it and went on strike today.

"DETROIT (AP) — Union workers at Mack Trucks went on strike Monday after voting down a tentative five-year contract agreement that negotiators had reached with the company.

The United Auto Workers said 4,000 unionized workers walked out at 7 a.m., adding to labor turmoil in the industry that has ensnared all three big Detroit automakers.

With those workers joining picket lines, the total number of UAW members that are on strike now exceeds 30,000 across 22 states, the union said Monday."

Source:

I wonder if Mack is thinking about pulling a Boeing and building a new plant in SC?

I’ll tell ya this, it was 40 degrees on the picket line last night and morale is LOW.

People are starting to get angry that we don’t have a contract and again multiple people worrying with it getting close to Christmas.

I think the offer presented by Ford recently sounded great… but I also would’ve took the 1st offer and missed a 13% larger raise.
Hopefully a deal breaks this week.
I believe they’re very close.

It's going to be interesting over the next several weeks.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I wonder if Mack is thinking about pulling a Boeing and building a new plant in SC?

It's going to be interesting over the next several weeks.

I think Ford, GM and Stellantis are very afraid of this. The UAW has membership so wound up on restoring traditional pension.

Users who are viewing this thread