EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Ford-GT-Applications-Open-Featured.jpg

Start Your Orders
Potential buyers can finally submit applications to purchase a Ford GT
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

If you are in the market for the next-gen Ford GT, today is your day. Ford will begin accepting applications for the first two model years of production vehicles, which will top out at 500 total units and the starting price for these ultra-high-performance supercars starts around $400,000.

That’s right, if you haven’t been following the new Ford GT closely, you might not realize that it won’t be possible to just walk into a dealership and buy one. In order to ensure the buyers are true loyalists and not just prospectors, Ford is vetting applications to select eligible buyers.

“The purchase process for the Ford GT is as unique as our all-new supercar,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance. “We understand GT customers are strong ambassadors for Ford Motor Company, and we look forward to providing them a service as distinct as the car itself.”

Applicants will choose the dealer they would like to purchase from, which can be any dealership in a market approved for GT sales. If you are chosen as one of the lucky buyers, a representative of the new Ford GT Concierge Service will contact you and walk you through the process. The concierge is said to offer a personalized experience not only through the ordering and delivering process but also for years to come.

According to a bulletin sent to dealers, “Ford will choose from the pool of submitted applications to determine which applicants will receive the opportunity to purchase a Ford GT. Consideration will be given to a variety of factors, including loyal Ford customers and current Ford GT owners.”

If you are selected, part of that process will be selecting which paint color and striping package you want on your GT. There are eight great paint colors to mull over, including Frozen White, Ingot Silver, Liquid Blue, Liquid Red, Matte Black and Triple Yellow. The Ford GT can be ordered with one of seven different stripe colors, and those choices include Competition Orange, Frozen White, and Liquid Blue.

Even if you don’t have a shot at ordering one of these amazing machines you can kiss today’s productivity goodbye as the new Ford GT website will not only accept applications, but features a configurator offering anyone the opportunity to build a virtual Ford GT. You can choose colors, wheels and interior themes and share your fantasy Ford GT with your online friends.

The real cars will go on sale late this year and potential buyers have about a month to submit applications as the online submissions close on May 12, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. EDT, so head over to FordGT.com right now and submit your application (or at least design a virtual supercar).

1-Ford-GT-Applications-Open_Frozen-White.jpg

Today Ford opens up the application process for hopeful Ford GT owners at FordGT.com. However, even if you can’t swing a $400,000 supercar, you can use the online configurator to design your dream Ford GT and share it with your friends.

2-Ford-GT-Applications-Open_-Liquid-Blue.jpg

Prospective buyers can choose between eight different paint colors and seven different stripe colors.

3-Ford-GT-Applications-Open_Matte-Black.jpg

The meanest, most supercar hue on the Ford GT palette is Matte Black. The Ford GT looks downright sinister in this color.

Ford-GT-Configurator_Dark-1.jpg

If you have been dreaming of driving around at night in your Ford GT, you can click on the moon in the lower left of the configurator screen to see what your dream GT looks like in the dark.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
When you visit FordGt.com, you get the following:
" The Ford GT application process will begin soon. Please continue to check back at this space for further details. "
This is the same message that's been around for months.
.............................However, the " online configurator " is up & running.

Last edited:

EditorTurner

Established Member
I’d settle for treading water in money, Tob, but it’s safe to say this one is out of reach unless I hit the lottery.

Rinzler

I only need to save up for the next 30 or 40 years for it! :'( :'( :'( :'(

3.jpg

Also, under mechanical specs, did anyone notice the lithium-ion battery mentioned? I wanted to make sure this was the starter/accessory battery and not a hybrid system that we don't know about yet.
GdPod1Q.png

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Also, under mechanical specs, did anyone notice the lithium-ion battery mentioned? I wanted to make sure this was the starter/accessory battery and not a hybrid system that we don't know about yet.
GdPod1Q.png

Yeah, the standard battery is Lithium-ion.

Rios302

Established Member
The chances of seen one with only 500 being made are pretty slim, let alone buying one. With that being said, I hope the car is at least tested and compared to other supercars.

MAD IN NC

Established Member
Mine is in... I'm one of the lucky ones that can complete section 1...

will be rare as a hens tooth to get accepted but ford doesn't want the cars to be flipped, shelved, saved and not driven. If I'm lucky enough to get one I will drive the wheels off the car.....

bullitt2735

Established Member
[video=youtube;XvVcusjzUhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVcusjzUhE[/video]

also a new vid of it went up yesterday...almost at WOT a little after 2:10

Users who are viewing this thread