Ford gt guys get in here

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Just read somewhere that ford is taking applications later this year for potential owners. I know there are a few guys in here who own one. How did the application process go, what are the odds of being selected, anything I can put on the application to help my odds?

I know it’s a long shot 6500–applications for 500 cars last time around. I don’t have any crazy connections or anything, but it’s worth a shot

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've heard they're taking applications for an additional 500. Of those 250, 100 or so will go overseas and 400 will stay in the states. I would speculate there will be 7-10,000 applications sent in for the 500 vehicles.

Things that Ford looks for in the applications (in no particular order):

1.) Previous/current ownership of 2005/06 Ford GT(s).
2.) Well known in the car circle; social media, racing, vendor, etc.
3.) Ownership/prior ownership of Ford product
4.) Current car collection

I do believe more 'normal' people will get one this go around.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've heard they're taking applications for an additional 500. Of those 250, 100 or so will go overseas and 400 will stay in the states. I would speculate there will be 7-10,000 applications sent in for the 500 vehicles.

Things that Ford looks for in the applications (in no particular order):

1.) Previous/current ownership of 2005/06 Ford GT(s).
2.) Well known in the car circle; social media, racing, vendor, etc.
3.) Ownership/prior ownership of Ford product
4.) Current car collection

I do believe more 'normal' people will get one this go around.

Wonder if I should apply? Wanna make a deal Kirk?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Wonder if I should apply? Wanna make a deal Kirk?

I'm not opposed to this. good to hear that the average joe will have an opportunity to get one. I haven't owned an earlier model GT, not in any car circle, etc.

I've owned several SVT products, have a black label navigator (which is an absolutely amazing vehicle, by the way), GTR, rs7, etc. father worked his whole career with ford. I have a condo 2 miles from road America and spend quite a bit of time there watching races. also live near green bay, and there are no ford GT's there. I'd drive the absolute piss out of the car as well, I'd have to imagine that counts for something, the car will get out almost year round, except for snow covering the road.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not opposed to this. good to hear that the average joe will have an opportunity to get one. I haven't owned an earlier model GT, not in any car circle, etc.

I've owned several SVT products, have a black label navigator (which is an absolutely amazing vehicle, by the way), GTR, rs7, etc. father worked his whole career with ford. I have a condo 2 miles from road America and spend quite a bit of time there watching races. also live near green bay, and there are no ford GT's there. I'd drive the absolute piss out of the car as well, I'd have to imagine that counts for something, the car will get out almost year round, except for snow covering the road.

Obviously my opinion means jack shit... but unfortunately I'm not sure how much of a chance you would have. It'd be interested to see you and Travis come up with some sort of partnership. The exposure of SVTP would definitely help the cause.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Obviously my opinion means jack shit... but unfortunately I'm not sure how much of a chance you would have. It'd be interested to see you and Travis come up with some sort of partnership. The exposure of SVTP would definitely help the cause.

doesn't hurt to try. for the past two years, I've had my eyes on an exotic, and if the opportunity to get a ford GT came up, I just couldn't pass on that. if I didn't get it, I'd be looking at something else.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
doesn't hurt to try. for the past two years, I've had my eyes on an exotic, and if the opportunity to get a ford GT came up, I just couldn't pass on that. if I didn't get it, I'd be looking at something else.

Definitely worth a shot.

blk02edge

Established Member
Just buy a mclaren senna :p

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Most of the the applications went to the first owners last time. Something like over 80%.

Ford GT owner, experience with Ford Racing, owner collector of Ford vehicles for many years will get the majority of the vehicles this time too I believe.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm surprised also that @treynor wasnt considered the first time. Don't see many people taking their drag strip only cars to the strip and then doing laps in Laguna Seca and Sonoma in GT350R, Boss 302S, GT4. Only thing I have yet to see is an off road race in either a Raptor or a Focus RS (i dont think Ben owns an RS).

Man, I havent even seen a new Ford GT in person! :(

Blackoyote

Established Member
Or the fact that Ben is up to something like 12 Ferrari’s. Might have hurt his chances a little bit.

In my eyes, I feel like that would help!

A man who can buy anything he wants whom has numerous Ferraris and hypercars wants an FGT...that says something about how special of a car it is.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ford needs to seize this opportunity and just keep the damn thing in production. It will take a loss on each unit if they keep doing this 500 unit production crap.

Seriously, Lexus produced arguably one of the greatest supercars of all time, and its but a memory now because of "exclusivity" production thinking. Keep a few hundred units produced every year and now you have a car people give a shit about.

Keep it evolving, give it fresh tech every few years. Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Koeniggssegggggeegggegeg and Bugatti have been doing it for how long now? Surely a company such as Ford can produce the resources needed to keep this car produced regularly.

Seems like such a waste of a nameplate. Such an incredible car, so many deserving owner-candidates out there and some douchnozzles with a youtube or twitter account get "picked" over true car guys. People that could care less about online presence and care about being at the track or at car meets. Hell even just out driving the car because its such an amazing car.

Users who are viewing this thread