Ford GT Heads on the New Cobra...

Fourcam330

Established Member
MedVader said:
Take a look at the motor and tell me why the blower snout would point backwards.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/images/photo_gallery/ph_gt_popup_12.jpg

That is the front of the engine. Damper, accessories, etc. And there's the blower pointing in the forward direction. Now if you tell me the engine motor mounts make it so it has to be dropped in backwards, I could understand that. But it looks like a GT blower/lower/heads could be dropped into any 5.4 car/truck.

Sorry I was less than clear. The top end should work, just not the block without the modifications I stated above.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
KevinB120 said:
With the GT motor costing $50,000, something tells me its a no show in a mustang. I would bet on a 3V heads with a twin screw, but using a dry sump to fit the skyscraper-tall 5.4

Yep, I've heard (the 3v) that rumor a few times. Frankly, it doesn't bother me a bit. They made 3v work in the V10, so why not? If they build it right, it should have plenty of HP, and be a sturdy motor.

MedVader

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Sorry I was less than clear. The top end should work, just not the block without the modifications I stated above.

How do you think you could control the dual injector setup. Is the GT PCM the only way to do it? That would basically throw out all auto tranny applications.

The GT motor is listed at $34K at fordmotorsport. That's probably the final price.

Fourcam330

Established Member
MedVader said:
How do you think you could control the dual injector setup. Is the GT PCM the only way to do it? That would basically throw out all auto tranny applications.

The GT motor is listed at $34K at fordmotorsport. That's probably the final price.

I've done a little more research into this. It appears the blower is NOT usable in a Mustang because the blower cover/TB are one piece--so swapping on a new intake inlet isn't possible.
You could buy the '05 GT motor in pieces (from Ford) and put it together for well under 20k.

MedVader

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I've done a little more research into this. It appears the blower is NOT usable in a Mustang because the blower cover/TB are one piece--so swapping on a new intake inlet isn't possible.
You could buy the '05 GT motor in pieces (from Ford) and put it together for well under 20k.

That one piece blower is a deal killer. But I wonder if the aftermarket Whipple screwcharger is a direct bolt on to the GT lower.

On the GT motor price, I believe you. So basically Ford is charging about $15K for the hand assembly by Ford techs. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread