sema10.jpg

sema11.jpg
sema09.jpg
sema08.jpg
sema06.jpg

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Awesome car - I always thought that the only thing missing about the Ford GT was seeing it in actual races. Winning races will bring history full circle.

fordification

Established Member
my god that thing is sick.
I would so love to see them in competition. makes my hair standup.
thank you for posting.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Sweet,

Now this is what the GT is truely meant to do.

Anyone notoce that they will not be using the original motor configuration. Hopefully they go with the 6L N/A instead of the s/c route.

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Sweet,

Now this is what the GT is truely meant to do.

Anyone notoce that they will not be using the original motor configuration. Hopefully they go with the 6L N/A instead of the s/c route.

I agree on the 6L.

They should be able to bore the 5.4 out to that spec the same way the 5.0 cammer and 5.0 Bigbore 4.6s are.

while the 6L is not as square as the LS7 the strokes are pretty close they should be able to get 7000+ rpm out of a bored 5.4.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
SoftBatch said:
I agree on the 6L.

They should be able to bore the 5.4 out to that spec the same way the 5.0 cammer and 5.0 Bigbore 4.6s are.

while the 6L is not as square as the LS7 the strokes are pretty close they should be able to get 7000+ rpm out of a bored 5.4.

Agreed,

However, this race GT is not even close to the Corvette C6R, S7R, DBR9 or any other car in GT1 that is raced in ALMS. Those cars are way past this one. This would probably race against the Viper Comp Coupes, CTS's, GT3's

The tough part will be getting an engine that is allowable without being penalized with weight ballasts and intake restrictions too much. That will be the biggest problem with trying to race the GT without its production engine

Last edited:

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
I just looked at the specs on the Speed World Cars and the Chevy LS2/6 powered Vettes, CTS-V, and GTO are all inbetween 3000-3200 lbs.

The C5/Z06 are 2950 C6s are 3000.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
SoftBatch said:
I just looked at the specs on the Speed World Cars and the Chevy LS2/6 powered Vettes, CTS-V, and GTO are all inbetween 3000-3200 lbs.

The C5/Z06 are 2950 C6s are 3000.

They are using production size engines, while the GT will not. My guess would be the GT will have intake restrictions imposed just like the vipers.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
The C6R, S7R, and DB9R are tube chasis cars. The purpose of Speed World Challenge cars is for them to be production cars.

fordification

Established Member
what do the rules state for engines sizes in the scca? does it have to be production displacement? could they take the 5.4 or 5.0 and bore it to 6?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
fordification said:
what do the rules state for engines sizes in the scca? does it have to be production displacement? could they take the 5.4 or 5.0 and bore it to 6?

It all depends on what class they intend to race it in. rules are really weird and sometimes make no sense. The most difficult part is going to get them to ok a non production engine to go in the GT wihtout too many restrictions.

The opposite of this is what happend to the DBR9's this year in ALMS. Since it was their first year they got away with murder in and next year they will probably be penalized heavily.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
530ish rwhp is doable outta the 5.4 in N/A form-and the thing will zip to 7200. The only thing they'll need is an intake and new pistons

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
Force4.6 said:
The C6R, S7R, and DB9R are tube chasis cars. The purpose of Speed World Challenge cars is for them to be production cars.
This will be a good race.
Speed World Challenge cars are production cars
Since this an d the Vette will be in PRODUCTION trim.
This will be a Great Race.

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Here is a quote from the new FRPP Catalog on page 41

The new Ford GT head is a derivative of the 2000 Cobra R head. Those same heads have been used on the Rough Rider off-road racing program to make nearly 700hp out of 6 liters naturally aspirated!

I think the 5.4L production version should be fine for this competition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread