Ford GT now selling for less than MSRP

venom279

Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
I am not sure about a low milage 2005 Ford GT, but I'll take a guess on a 2005 Ford GT with average miles (or mileage): $75,000.

I think we'll see that price on them in 3-4 years.. :rockon: The fact that they made so many is really going to hurt in the long run..

satx

Banned
1995COBRA-R said:
I am not sure about a low milage 2005 Ford GT, but I'll take a guess on a 2005 Ford GT with average miles (or mileage): $75,000.

I highly doubt it. There will only be ~4000 GTs. This is a car people will keep. I bet an average example never drops under 100k.

think of it this way.......GEN I vipers sell for roughly 35k and are 10+ years old. That is ~60% of original MSRP and dodge made ~5000 of them not to mention another ~3500 gen II rt/10s (look virtually identical) AND a bunch of GTS's. Compare that to a much more desireable/collectable and rare car like the GT. There is NO WAY the GT goes for less than half it's MSRP in 3-4 yrs. Hell look what 360 modenas sell for that are 3-4 yrs old.......ferrari made a boat load of those things.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
satx said:
I highly doubt it. There will only be ~4000 GTs. This is a car people will keep. I bet an average example never drops under 100k.

think of it this way.......GEN I vipers sell for roughly 35k and are 10+ years old. That is ~60% of original MSRP and dodge made ~5000 of them not to mention another ~3500 gen II rt/10s (look virtually identical) AND a bunch of GTS's. Compare that to a much more desireable/collectable and rare car like the GT. There is NO WAY the GT goes for less than half it's MSRP in 3-4 yrs. Hell look what 360 modenas sell for that are 3-4 yrs old.......ferrari made a boat load of those things.

And weren't the Gen 1 Vipers factory no-A/C? and primative in comparision to the Vipers that came out just a couple of years later?

R

Nick85

Banned
50 BMG said:
Shit, I'm just taking a lesson from my old man who is damn near doing this...

Well i'm going to take a lesson from him too. When I have 400K in the bank and a decent salary...screw buying a house. I'm buying the Ford GT :pepper:

satx

Banned
Robert M said:
And weren't the Gen 1 Vipers factory no-A/C? and primative in comparision to the Vipers that came out just a couple of years later?

R

actually almost all Gen I's have a/c.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread