Ford GT Pumps Upgrade

Sharkster

Established Member
Bostard said:
You weren't kidding about the gates hose being expensive. I think I ended up paying $7/ft. Oh well, cheap compared to everything else on this car. Those of you that have done the gates hose route......how did you get the hose installed without it kinking at the top of the pump? You only have about 2 inches to work with and that doesn't leave room for any tight bending. I did find a place online that would sell me new flex tubing for cheap.
make sure its the 30R10 line. It cst me $19 foot and you need 2 feet.

Bostard

Established Member
yup. I got the 30R10. I've thought about using a brass barbed elbow to make the 90 degree bend at the top of the pump.

ogbatman

Established Member
Ok heres the deal. The Ford GT pump didnt work with my stock fpdm in my bullitt couldnt get any fuel once I got passed 4k. Switch to the focus fuel pump with out touching fpdm now the car runs great.

I dont know y but I think it may have something to do with the fuel bucket or something.

So u guys get an s/c put on a GT may want to stick with the Focus pump. Just MO.

Bostard

Established Member
I finished the GT pump install and big surprise, it didn't fix my problem. I thought one of the pumps might be bad because I could only get about 34 psi at idle and slightly less at WOT. I could get the pressure up to 39 but only by turning the BAP up to 100%. So now I am wondering if the PPRV could cause this.

Last edited:

ogbatman

Established Member
Bostard said:
I finished the GT pump install and big surprise, it didn't fix my problem. I thought one of the pumps might be bad because I could only get about 34 psi at idle and slightly less at WOT. I could get the pressure up to 39 but only by turning the BAP up to 100%. So now I am wondering if the PPRV could cause this.

The problem i had is that the GT pump was to big for the fuel bucket. So when I would seal the tank it would pinch the inlet fuel line to the pump. Had to change to the SVT focus pump.

Users who are viewing this thread