Ford GT replacement for 2007?

fordification

Established Member
Holy man, did you guys ever get off topic with the guns!

The Cobra V-10 has much more stroke then the high reving Ferrari and Porsche.

99GTvert

Established Member
In my opinion this is what Ford SHOULD do. I love the Ford GT but I would not want them to make it for very long. I would rather see it be more of a rare collector type car. DO NOT replace it with a front engine car. I feel they should replace it with a car on the same rear engine type platform so they can continue to beat cars double and triple the price. S/C V8 N/A V10 doesn't matter possibly both and give an option to the buyer but make it more of an exotic type car in the same 130-150 thousand dollar price range. They should make both the GR-1 and Shelby Cobra. The GR-1 in the Viper price range and the Shelby around 100K. I would say put the S/C V8 in the GR-1 and the V10 in the Cobra. Also DO NOT kill the Lightning. I am not really a sport truck guy either but they can't just let Dodge take it over. I think if they build all of these cars would dominate in every car class especially with the new cobras coming out. Even if SVT just breaks even it would be worth it for Ford to gain some respect since all of the car companies are coming out with these new bold cars which are getting a lot of attention and they arent even that great. 300c (Bentley knockoff), Magnum (a freaking station wagon), GTO (a disgrace to the name) SSR (nowhere near worth what dealers are charging) Ford is the only company that has good retro cars. New mustang, GT, Cobra concept because they dont try to copy them they go for what these cars would look like if they were being made over the years and how they would evolve. Also if they made a car above the GT like the ME four twelve that would not suck. This is probably not what they will do but I think that it would be good for them to re-establish themselves as a performance oriented company and like I said before as long as they didn't lose any money I think it would be good for the company. With the lineup of Lightning, Mustang GT, SVT Cobra, GR-1, Shelby Cobra, GT/Mid-engine Ferrari killer nobody would be able to touch them or say Fords or american cars in general are inferior. Sorry about it being so long LOL

fordification

Established Member
It costs alot of money to develop these cars and setup an assembly line for each. And with Fords profits declining, unfortunately, I can see them building only one of these cars.

99GTvert

Established Member
Thats what I figured. But in a perfect world maybe it would happen. Im just sick of people saying that americans not being able to build a good car. I valet with a guy who has an Audi A4 and he always tells me how his car is so superior to mine and how all american cars are garbage. But this is also the same guy who didn't know what a Z06 was.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Ford GT replacement for 2007?

Originally posted by fordification
I totally agree. Wasn't the plan to take the development from the GT and apply it to another model? 90% of the design is the space frame for a mid-engine design. You take that away and there isn't much left. Plus the mid-engine design creates a better balance over front engine. And it also creates an edge over Chev and Dodge. Notice how Dodge came out with their mid-engine concept right after the GT was introduced?

The two shelbys actually use just about 90% of the GT's chassis off-the-shelf, and use a front engine behind the axle with torque tube and rear mounted transaxle for 50/50 balance.

Users who are viewing this thread