Ford Mustang GT500 successor spied near SVT

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
They are running MPSS tires as well. Hopefully it gets them instead of the goodyears :)

Blackmagic1

Established Member
Still not much tire. Hasn't a Ford tire engineer ever look at a ZO 6 rear tires ? Now THAT'S some meat ! 665 HP on a new GT 500 yet the rear tires are the same as the FRONT tires on a Vette. C'mon already...

railroad

Established Member
Those are big brakes on both ends. The A pillar is leaned way back. It must still have a quarter or C pillar window. Mirrors are not molded into the body, but that may be just something stuck on there. Looks like a lot of junk up under the back. I guess to hide the IRS. That sure is a big hole in the fender, wonder if it will be covered with a grill?

BossAnaki

Established Member
Anyone notice the makeshift full rear defuser/undertray? Also noticed that the front wheels are more concave than the rears. This is a sign that the front track has been widened.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I noticed the quad exhaust in the rear along with the very slim HID headlights. The front grille looks similar to now (shape wise) wider tires all around. still looks like a long nose with a short rear.

5.0 guy

Established Member
The headlights kind of remind my of the 03 Cobras and wonder if they actually will add ventilated rotors. I definitely agree about wider tires, that's a must for sure

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Could the extra venting = turbos?

Drilled discs instead of slotted, really?

Looks wider. It's going to be fun watching info come out.

Myfast70

Established Member
Could the extra venting = turbos?

Drilled discs instead of slotted, really?

I was wondering the same thing about the side vets being for a twin turbo setup! Did you notice that the front rotors were two piece with aluminum centers.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Established Member
Pure speculation here; Ford's taking the car to EU to compete in that market. Shelby's moving closer to the Vegas airport to increase access for customers. It make sense that the new SVT product would be capable of creating a new niche market, priced well below those exotics but offers the same performance, wrapped in a unique American muscle car package. Call it a Shelby and you've created a new US / EU rivalry with the history car guys want to be part of. Just like our GT500's here, the new SVT in EU could sell a ton of units based on price / mileage (twin-turbo's) / power / handling & Musclecar feel. The flagship will pull sales to the standard package cars as well.

We might be really envious of this new product compared to our 500's.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
I'm in love with those brakes!

looks like i should keep my GT for few years longer and see what the final product looks and performs like before i commit to either 2014 GT500 or the new SVT/GT (something) version!

Lawrenzo

Established Member

Not if this is true---

According to a report from Edmunds, the sixth-generation Mustang, which is set to debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show, will shed an additional 400 pounds of body fat. That 11-percent weight reduction will be thanks to lightweight materials, with a particular focus on using stronger, but less material in construction. Aluminum will feature heavily, but Edmunds' inside source warns that there is "nothing terribly exotic" coming to the original pony car.

The other big news is that the new Mustang will be smaller overall. It's going to be 15-inches shorter than the 188.5-inch Mustang on sale today, while it'll also be 6.5 inches narrower. Shorter overhangs, both in the front and rear, are also good signs for those that want an agile Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread