Ford on Podium at Le Mans

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
The Robertson Racing GT40 won the battle of attrition and took the third spot in the GTE-AM class at Le Mans this morning. Fantastic. They worked real hard to get there...drove a sensible race and were rewarded with this honor. Congrats to the entire team!!!

Also heard, but haven't confirmed, that Andrea Robertson is the first woman on the podium at Le Mans since 1931...on her wedding anniversary??? Pretty cool.

Go Ford!!! Go USA!!!

Side note, the Corvette team took 1st place in GTE-PRO in the 100th anniversary year of Chevy and the 10th ann of a Corvette victory at Le Mans.

Go Chevy!!! Go USA!!!

Of course, despite covering the event for 24 hours and Chevy sponsoring the live video feed for the Le Mans race on Speed.com....Speed TV couldn't run the extra half hour till 10am to cover the Chevy or Ford podium events. Ouch!!! Kudos to Speed for the good coverage anywho! :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Chevy is a really tough contender in these Le Mans races.

Glad to see Ford up there.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
The Speed coverage was absolute crap. All they essentially showed were the P1 & P2 class. Who gets excited over that?
Yeah I saw that too but they use the French world feed so they have no control over that. Besides, I think in this case the LMP1 coverage was spot on because of the fight between the lone Audi and the Pugs.
Don't know if you saw it last night but when I awoke at 2AM EST watching the race I saw the close up battle between the Audi's and Pug's. I wished I could have stayed up enough to watch the whole confrontation but it was a straight up street fight between the 2 Marques, a fight that I have never in my years of watching endurance racing have never seen before. I am hoping
someone has video of it. ( My dang DVR was not hooked up):fm:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZWWqbhdyA"]YouTube - ‪2011 24 Hours of Le Mans Highlights‬‏[/nomedia]
At the 2 minute mark of the video you will see the battle of which I speak.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Congratulations on being the second losers Ford!

Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but I can't recollect ever seeing Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart, or Chad Reed getting excited about anything but the top spot on the podium.

aaandht

Established Member
Congratulations on being the second losers Ford!

Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but I can't recollect ever seeing Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart, or Chad Reed getting excited about anything but the top spot on the podium.

Its quite an accomplishment for a young team.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member

Yes, the Robertsons put their heart into running the Ford GT. Great to see them get this icing on the cake of even finishing Le Mans their first time out. Just finishing at Le Mans without getting blown off the road by the incredible LMP1 cars makes you a winner. I can't imagine what it would be like having a McNish running up behind me in his Audi...in the dark...LED's blazing...at max speed and knowing how not to get in his way on the kinks of the Mulsanne straight. Takes guts and talent. :beer:

Jroc

Established Member

A lose is a lose no matter how you try and cut it. I'm sure the Miami Heat aren't going to be celebrating being the Eastern Conference Champions if the don't win the NBA Championship for example.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
A lose is a lose no matter how you try and cut it. I'm sure the Miami Heat aren't going to be celebrating being the Eastern Conference Champions if the don't win the NBA Championship for example.

Now there's a valid comparison to racing and winning a podium spot in the most prestigious auto race in history. I'm sure if you and the other naysayers in here were still on track after 24 hours you would have gladly given up a podium shot to take 4th place. My guess is the Robertsons will just toss that trophy in the trash when they get home. LOL.

The term is "loss"...but that's not what the Robertsons experienced.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

If you ain't first you're last huh Ricky? :rollseyes

Congrats to the Chevy and Ford teams. I knew the C6R's were going to whip that Ferrari ass!

Jroc

Established Member
If you ain't first you're last huh Ricky? :rollseyes

Congrats to the Chevy and Ford teams. I knew the C6R's were going to whip that Ferrari ass!

My name is Jesse there Jimmy. If you come in third then no you didn't come in last unless there is only three people or teams competing the event. If you don't come in first then you are a "losser."

I wish Ferrari would of whooped the Vettes ass because I could care less about waving the American flag when is comes to auto sports. Just like I route for Clemson to lose even if they are a SC team because they are the direct rivals to my Gamecocks the same way Chebbie is the main rival to my Fords. It is nice to see them putting that bailout money to good use though after we the American people paid them billions upon billions of dollars after they filed for bankruptcy. But seriously how could the worlds largest auto company not whoop up on a small company like Ferrari with all the money we gave them, and all the resources at their disposal?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My name is Jesse there Jimmy. If you come in third then no you didn't come in last unless there is only three people or teams competing the event. If you don't come in first then you are a "losser."

I wish Ferrari would of whooped the Vettes ass because I could care less about waving the American flag when is comes to auto sports. Just like I route for Clemson to lose even if they are a SC team because they are the direct rivals to my Gamecocks the same way Chebbie is the main rival to my Fords. It is nice to see them putting that bailout money to good use though after we the American people paid them billions upon billions of dollars after they filed for bankruptcy. But seriously how could the worlds largest auto company not whoop up on a small company like Ferrari with all the money we gave them, and all the resources at their disposal?

You're a complete dumbass.

Users who are viewing this thread