Ford Pickup Rant

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
More like you don't know what your missing, I've driven both on snow and ice, I know what I like. This is a strong preference issue for me, everyone is free to make their own decisions.

Based on what it takes to make the swap, Ford is turning easy money away by not letting it be an option.

Maybe @SID297 could check his Ford peeps and do a little piece on it. I am really curious as to why, in fact, they don't?
I've driven in plenty of extreme conditions, I know I don't need yet another nanny to hold my hand and perform a task I should be capable of, but different strokes.

It pisses me off that my toilet at home doesn't wipe my ass.
Join a forum and see if others have pirated parts from ones that do, might be able to rig something together.

BIGBRAND0105

Established Member
I have it on my 18 king ranch and it is great!! Nice for when the wife takes the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Parts have been undated.
Oh, I know. But the new ones don't last either. As of last May, I put a set in the warranty admin's truck. I since quit, walked in that shop for parts two weeks ago and guess what. Trucks on the rack getting the third update on Iwe's.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
As for the packaging/options, it really pissed me off as well. Used to be able to check the box and build what you want. In this profit driven world of global economics, not the case anymore. Less about customer satisfaction and more about numbers for stock holders.

Coiled03

Established Member
GM has had it forever and sold a lot of trucks up North as a result. I used it for years, you literally don't understand how nice it is. Can anyone get around without it, of course! Is it really nice having it with a winter like we currently have? Hell yes!

It matters enough that a guy figured out how to make the swap happen.

Uhh, no. That has basically ZERO bearing on why GM has sold trucks up North. Everyone sells trucks up here regardless of 4WD system. This is one of the dumbest ****ing threads I've ever seen.

I'm gonna laugh when the cost of parts, labor, and fixing your **** ups puts you over the cost of a Lariat.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Uhh, no. That has basically ZERO bearing on why GM has sold trucks up North. Everyone sells trucks up here regardless of 4WD system. This is one of the dumbest ****ing threads I've ever seen.

I'm gonna laugh when the cost of parts, labor, and fixing your **** ups puts you over the cost of a Lariat.

I laugh at your ignorance, I sold GM and used auto 4x4 as a very effective sell point when comparing points against Ford. That you don't think it matters is irrelevant, people who have driven both know which system is better. Most winters it isn't a big deal, but some winters, it is.

To Trade my XLT to a Lariat is $25,000, since Ford holds Lariats near and dear.

To swap in a auto 4x4 is a Ford transfer case, a Ford electronic module and a Ford switch. Then use FORSCAN and tell the computer you switched modules. Please tell me how this will **** up?

When compared to what I spend on my GT, that is a peanuts project.

Not sure why butt hurt is flowing, the parts are all Ford, and Ford offers it on the Lariat, LOL.

Coiled03

Established Member
I laugh at your ignorance, I sold GM and used auto 4x4 as a very effective sell point when comparing points against Ford. That you don't think it matters is irrelevant, people who have driven both know which system is better. Most winters it isn't a big deal, but some winters, it is.

There is no winter where it's a big deal if you aren't a lazy ****. Period. 4A is not a better system. Period. Know why? Excessive complexity.

And you call me ignorant? Tell me, where did you get your mechanical engineering degree?

There is no butt hurt flowing. There is, however, lots of pointing and laughing and the lengths people will go to be lazy. I bet if you're remote control broke, you'd be too lazy to get up and turn on the TV yourself.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
GM was the first truck to offer auto 4wd (1999) and it was only available on thr Z71 package. Ford you can actually lock the rear on which is nice, whereas the GM has to spin to engage :confused:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There is no winter where it's a big deal if you aren't a lazy ****. Period. 4A is not a better system. Period. Know why? Excessive complexity.

And you call me ignorant? Tell me, where did you get your mechanical engineering degree?

I scoff at your insult and belittle your ME degree! Everyone knows engineers suck at sales! How is substituting parts off an already existing model adding complexity? Now you could make a fair point if you could point out that the Ford auto 4x4 system is horrible and prone to excessive break downs.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
OP has a nice truck even without the auto 4wd option.

Yes indeed, I had a deal done on a leftover 2018 Sierra SLT, but I just couldn't give up the 3.5 TT and the 38 gallon gas tank. Worth some effort to keep those 2 things, and the Ford looks better.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Yes indeed, I had a deal done on a leftover 2018 Sierra SLT, but I just couldn't give up the 3.5 TT and the 38 gallon gas tank. Worth some effort to keep those 2 things, and the Ford looks better.

It looks good with the level and those shackles you had installed

Users who are viewing this thread