Ford Probe vs. WS6

Evil84Stang

Established Member
Yeah, sorry guy's I'm gonna have to agree with Scott on this one, but fast is fast, slow is slow. Doesn't matter how you get there or try and fail to get there. 13's are nothing to brag about, even though you spent 5G's, it's still 13's.

On another not, I liked how the WS6 waited for him to catch up.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
There's nothing I hate more than the arugument of "well it's fast for a 4 banger" when it's a V6 :rolleyes: And 13s is very fast considering it's FWD

:loser:
Turbo Probes were 4cyl. weren't they?? My 89 was,

Blackmagic94

Banned
That is a HKS SSQ blow valve, it has twin chambers and thats why it makes that sound. That is not compressor surge!!! But what would i know i only have a turbo mustang so i know nothing.

Blackmagic94

Banned
Compressor surge sounds like a derrrrrrrrrrr derrrrrrrr derrr derrr der, it makes the same pitch but gets short in tone with each rev of backspin on the compressor. That had a very quick chirp, which is the HKS.

hardcore35th

Established Member
I call maybe BS because that is asoulutely positively not a TA at all. It may be a Formula or a WS6 Formula, but anyone who knows anything about TAs knows the fog lights are on either side of the front license plate(93-02), and a firebird (V6 or Formula 98-02) the fogs are on the edges of the bumper by the blinkers. That car looks to me like a wu6 sport appearance package v6 firebird to me.

hardcore35th

Established Member
OK. Totally disregard everything my dumb ass said in my last post because I thaought the second vid was from inside the Probe. But when I wathed that grainy ass video again I realized thats from the TA. I was looking at the fog lights on the Probe

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackmagic94
That is a HKS SSQ blow valve, it has twin chambers and thats why it makes that sound. That is not compressor surge!!! But what would i know i only have a turbo mustang so i know nothing.

And what would I know, I've only owned several turbo cars and done several turbo upgrades and tunes myself.

Here is a clip of an HKS SSQ BOV. It has a high pitched chirp but doesn't sound like the one in the probe vid.

http://www.935motorsports.com/media/HKSwhistle.wav

another, this one on an eclipse:

http://us.share.geocities.com/pkwspawn/hks.asf

check out this site to hear different BOV's, there are quite a few clips:

http://www.blowoffvalves.com/

I suggest you adjust your BOV if yours sounds like the one in the probe video.

Last edited:

blacknight07607

Tailgating State
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Turbo Probes were 4cyl. weren't they?? My 89 was,

Yeah, but the last models were available in a 4 or 6 cyl.

As previously stated, fast is fast and slow is slow. 4-5 years ago, a 13 sec FWD 4 or 6 cyl would have been fast during that time. But as time evolves, so do cars. As of now, we have many boosted 4 cyl cars capable of 13s. Heck, I can run 14s in my n a car. So the bottom line is that, a 13s 4 banger is good, but not rare at all.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Originally posted by NITMARE
OOOOOOOk. Well the problem is that he didn't make it fast. Like I said it pnly runs 13's which I am sorry is nothng to write home about. There is nothing I hate more than the argument of "well it's fast for a 4 banger" no slow is slow.:shrug:

I have to disagree with NITMARE, that firebird, being a trans am, ws6, or formula is going to be a low 13 sec car. That Probe blew the doors of that car from a roll in the first video. Now in the second video, that Firebird didn't let off, he was still in it, and the Probe caught him real fast. That is a real fast car. No13's there, more like low 12's maybe high 11's.

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackmagic94
I dont have a HKS SSQ on my car. Oh and i have no compressor surge with my 660 hp Mustang.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like you have a heck of a stang there, not sure how hp is relevant to the conversation, but I can still appreciate hearing about a high powered car and give props as well. :rockon:

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
but I am sure that they have made a damn bov that sounds like that cause someone prolly likes their car to sound like a bird.....lol

NITMARE

Established Member
Well fact of the matter is that we don't really know what BOV he has do we? So I am saying that there are some pretty funky ass BOV's made anymore that are made just to sound different. I am not completely ruling out compressor surge I am just saying that I have heard BOV's that sound very similar on cars that did not have compressor surge.

Jeez I leave for one day and the shit hits the fan again on this thread:shrug: :)

Users who are viewing this thread