Ford Racing Boss 302 TracKey Development

slyguy

Established Member
Ford Racing has a new vid on youtube:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWSr-Ax8K4&feature=uploademail"]YouTube - Ford Racing Boss 302 TracKey Development[/nomedia]

Sounds awesome in the track key mode.

I wonder if the tuners can get ahold of one of these and create a similar tune for our cars?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I wonder if the Track Key doesn't lock out the VCT like a cold engine does, but of coarse with optimized advance.retard for high rpm use.

The throttle response would be improved when the VCT doesn't have to hunt first for it's proper settings given load and rpm.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
cant watch the vid..so is the pcm in the boss different that it holds 2 tunes? It would be awesome to have a street and race tune on one computer and just switch keys instead of reflashing

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
that would be the shit if they could hold 2 tunes on keys, spray tune on one, n/a on the other. wouldn't have to flash it at the track and/or parking lot. Cause if u beat someone on spray they always wanna run motor next. lol

ViciousJay

Established Member
that would be the shit if they could hold 2 tunes on keys, spray tune on one, n/a on the other. wouldn't have to flash it at the track and/or parking lot. Cause if u beat someone on spray they always wanna run motor next. lol

hide the bottle and tell them to quit bitching about an ass handing :beer:

as for the sound difference i figured the quad was opened, but i do like the cammed sound it had... i see some big things coming soon for the 2011-12 cars

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
cant watch the vid..so is the pcm in the boss different that it holds 2 tunes? It would be awesome to have a street and race tune on one computer and just switch keys instead of reflashing

I think this is really only a matter of time. The GT's already come with MyKey which works the same way, but instead is meant for inexperienced drivers or vallet service etc.

I think it's entirely probably that the aftermarket may be able to do the same thing utilizing this feature.

FIFTY

Established Member
Cant wait to see what this car does in the hands of experienced tuners, we know ford underrates their vehicles, It might even be closer to 460-470 flywheel!!! who knows, but I do know this sh*t is WILD:rockon:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Cant wait to see what this car does in the hands of experienced tuners, we know ford underrates their vehicles, It might even be closer to 460-470 flywheel!!! who knows, but I do know this sh*t is WILD:rockon:

The 2003/4 Cobra was really the last vehicle that was under-rated by Ford.

The new mandated SAE power certifications that must be performed by manufacturers pretty much makes under-rating power numbers not only impossible, but also illegal.

I'm sure the power numbers are correct based on published information. That's not to say there's not another 30hp hiding in the engine from additional tuning however.

Dave_6

Established Member
That sounds great! I'm guessing it just changes the VCT settings via the PCM, or something like that. :D Cool technology!

RSKtakR

Established Member
DAMN that sounds good!! I was asking about this in a thread i started here.. if this having 2 tunes on our 2011 gt's was possible and IF the ecu was the same.. because IF it is the same ECU, I dont see why this feature souldnt be accessed!

AmnDucky

Established Member
Bottles are for babies :p
I think this is really only a matter of time. The GT's already come with MyKey which works the same way, but instead is meant for inexperienced drivers or vallet service etc.

I think it's entirely probably that the aftermarket may be able to do the same thing utilizing this feature.
The mykey is completely different. The mykey allows you to limit top speed and radio volume. The track key is changing over 200 engine parameters and completely changing how the engine runs.

Users who are viewing this thread