ford racing gears or motive performance gears?

1rawsvt_408

ALL GAS NO BREAKS
Established Member
I'm trying to buy some 373s for 98 cobra but I'm not sure what brand to go with? what would you guys recommend? any pros or cons on either brand?any opinions i would greatly appreciate thanks

i8urSS

Established Member
I also prefer FRPP but your wasting your money if you go less than 4.10. I bought my 98 cobra with 3.73's already in it. It was ok, but when I swapped up to 4.10's it was easily the best mod I've made. I would even say that I left a little performance on the table by not going with a 4.30. That being said, I think frpp doesn't make 4.30's anymore, so Motive would be the way to go if you went with a 4.30

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I prefer richmond..

I have NOTHING good to say about FRPP since they sent all of their manufacturing to China around 2005....

No warranty.. Shitty customer service, and in my case, even a bad set of gears.. Never got to drive on them. They were machined out of round and ended up having to pull them back out and put a different set in..

To me, FRPP is just like MSD.. still living off their name, but product went to shit years ago

CJK440

Established Member
I prefer richmond..

I have NOTHING good to say about FRPP since they sent all of their manufacturing to China around 2005....

No warranty.. Shitty customer service, and in my case, even a bad set of gears.. Never got to drive on them. They were machined out of round and ended up having to pull them back out and put a different set in..

To me, FRPP is just like MSD.. still living off their name, but product went to shit years ago

Double check your info. A few people have reported that Richmond is now owned by the same company that owns motive and people have been reporting Richmond gears arriving with a made in Italy sticker.

Not that Italian gears are bad but they are the same as the motives that come out of Italy. Not to be confused with Movites Motivator "value line" gears made in Korea.

And there is talk that FRPP gears with the A suffix are Visteon made and the M suffix are Motives.

Small world.

1rawsvt_408

ALL GAS NO BREAKS
Established Member
Double check your info. A few people have reported that Richmond is now owned by the same company that owns motive and people have been reporting Richmond gears arriving with a made in Italy sticker.

Not that Italian gears are bad but they are the same as the motives that come out of Italy. Not to be confused with Movites Motivator "value line" gears made in Korea.

And there is talk that FRPP gears with the A suffix are Visteon made and the M suffix are Motives.

Small world.

So u think frpp gears are bad?

AMDanBailer

I'm trying to buy some 373s for 98 cobra but I'm not sure what brand to go with? what would you guys recommend? any pros or cons on either brand?any opinions i would greatly appreciate thanks

Hey,

It sounds like you have your head in the right place, 3.73 gears will be a nice upgrade, and both brands are reputable.

I personally have a Ford Racing gear, and couldn't be happier. They have taken everything I have thrown at it and still feel like they did the day they were installed. I have had no issues on my end, and we rarely hear any negative feedback from our customers as well.

Motive gears are also quality, we sell quite a few of them, and like Ford Racing gears, we very rarely get any poor feedback. Plenty of people go with those gears are just as happy as the ones that pick Ford Racing.

Given this information, I would make the decision based on price, in which the Ford Racing gears are cheaper. To myself you are getting the same quality, and saving a little bit of money by going with Ford Racing.

Either way you will be making a good choice, and I am confident you will like how you Mustang feels after they are in the car.

If you do go with a set of gears, keep in mind we offer our forum members a 6% discount off their entire purchase. I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to myself, or our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan

1rawsvt_408

ALL GAS NO BREAKS
Established Member
Hey,

It sounds like you have your head in the right place, 3.73 gears will be a nice upgrade, and both brands are reputable.

I personally have a Ford Racing gear, and couldn't be happier. They have taken everything I have thrown at it and still feel like they did the day they were installed. I have had no issues on my end, and we rarely hear any negative feedback from our customers as well.

Motive gears are also quality, we sell quite a few of them, and like Ford Racing gears, we very rarely get any poor feedback. Plenty of people go with those gears are just as happy as the ones that pick Ford Racing.

Given this information, I would make the decision based on price, in which the Ford Racing gears are cheaper. To myself you are getting the same quality, and saving a little bit of money by going with Ford Racing.

Either way you will be making a good choice, and I am confident you will like how you Mustang feels after they are in the car.

If you do go with a set of gears, keep in mind we offer our forum members a 6% discount off their entire purchase. I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to myself, or our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan

Yea i decided to go with 4.10 ford racing gears.I just bought them yesterday of your website.I wasn't aware of the 6% discount though how can I apply it next time?

AMDanBailer

Yea i decided to go with 4.10 ford racing gears.I just bought them yesterday of your website.I wasn't aware of the 6% discount though how can I apply it next time?

Awesome. You're going to love the 4.10 gears! Definitely let us know how you like them.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't aware of the 6% discount. Shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll have the discount applied to your order and I'll provide you with the code for future orders!

Hope this helps.

-Dan

1rawsvt_408

ALL GAS NO BREAKS
Established Member
Awesome. You're going to love the 4.10 gears! Definitely let us know how you like them.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't aware of the 6% discount. Shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll have the discount applied to your order and I'll provide you with the code for future orders!

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Okay thanks bro I appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread