Ford Racing SCJ cold air intake

DallasBoss

Established Member
Hi guys I'm not having much luck finding info on the recently released Ford Racing cold air intake for the scj setup. The inlet diameter is a little over 4 inches, significantly smaller than the Rev Auto unit. The 4 inch surface in square inches is less than that of the monoblade throttle body, so I assume it won't flow as much air as the throttle body can flow. Does anyone know how this size difference effects power gains, if any? Are there measurable gains by going with the Rev Auto intake, or any other 4 1/2+ in cai over the Ford unit?

Voltwings

Established Member
its been said over and over and over and over again. Why put a small ass intake on a big ass throttle body? The cross section of the throttle body justifies at LEAST a 4.5" intake, and ideally a 5". The only reason people prefer a 4.5" over a 5" is either price or better MAF resolution.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
It has been proven on the track and Texas Mile the FRRP Intake with a mono blade made NO measurable gains vs a 5in intake. This info came first hand from someone who has the time slips to prove it. Based on resent dyno #s and track results you would need to to do some serious cam changes to get the most from the rev auto intake. With that said, I choose the FRRP because I am not chasing dyno # or track et's. My car is a DD and will see limited track time to justify the extra cost expense of the rev auto intake. Any dyno time I do will be to dial in the CJ Exhaust cams.

DallasBoss

Established Member
Interesting. So a full bolt on car and stock cams would show no or negligible difference in power between the Ford intake and the 5 inch?

Rebel302

Established Member
Ford recommends using the dual 65 (pn# M-9926-C65) with their intake mainly as a drivability factor. Call FR and ask. It even calls for it on the install instructions.

01bluesnake

Established Member
As others mentioned, going bigger on the CAI has showed no improvements, just worse maf resolution. The bigger better theory doesn't always work better. The monoblade for perfect match flow would be about a 4.25 inner diameter CAI, that as found with a 4.5". The frpp is likely very closely matched to the sq in of the SCJ t body and therefore very little if any gains will be found from going bigger.

ford20

Established Member
It has been proven on the track and Texas Mile the FRRP Intake with a mono blade made NO measurable gains vs a 5in intake. This info came first hand from someone who has the time slips to prove it. Based on resent dyno #s and track results you would need to to do some serious cam changes to get the most from the rev auto intake. With that said, I choose the FRRP because I am not chasing dyno # or track et's. My car is a DD and will see limited track time to justify the extra cost expense of the rev auto intake. Any dyno time I do will be to dial in the CJ Exhaust cams.

That's what Kris said when he was testing the FRPP CJ Intake and the Cobra Jet tube. He didn't find much of a difference if any between the two intakes from what I recall.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
That's what Kris said when he was testing the FRPP CJ Intake and the Cobra Jet tube. He didn't find much of a difference if any between the two intakes from what I recall.
Yep, had a nice convo with him about it. I spent the money I saved on Boss Chain tensioners...

2013paxtonbeast

Established Member
What about with comp stage 3s boss heads and a ported CJ? I have the Rev Auto 5"tuner said it was a pain to tune but he got it lined out and my driveability is like it came off the show room floor.

Users who are viewing this thread