Ford racing the 1st to mod 3 versions of the 2015 Mustang

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Wonder why nothing was mentioned about gutting the interior out of the cars as well... It's good to know the shops will be able to extract more because the 5.0's N/A and S/C don't look very impressive. The EB was impressive though!!!

They only took out the front seats and put in a Recaro seat. Also the cars were all premium, so the heaviest.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So a tune, exhaust, and slicks gets you 12.50s with a 4-banger. I must be old, because I remember 2V GTs with blowers having to do serious work to run those times.

Yup, my 03 GT vert had a vortech and a cobra irs and made 380/380 at the wheels. Ran consistent 12.50s on MT drag radials

BMR Tech

Got it. Quick question, does Ford, GM, etc provide the cars to the aftermarket or do they have to purchase them for development?
My guess would be they have to buy them.

They will assist with providing cars in certain situations. For example, there are a few aftermarket companies who have 2015's right now, that are building/modding them for the SEMA show.

The majority - no. We are one of, if not the largest aftermarket chassis/suspension companies for the current platform (S197) and we just have to order our cars through our local dealer, and hope we get them asap to start development.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I wonder if that is going to be necessary for any drag duty and I'm scared to even hear a price for these and installation?

I think that might be just a development piece for future cars/projects as mentioned in another thread. I mentioned that the 03/04 half shafts have held up to big HP and it's now a 12 year old car and tech.

K-Dubb

Established Member
Was there a similar test done by frpp for a 11-14 GT with an frrp sc? If so what did it run?

Also, for the eb and 5.0 supercharged runs, DA was well over 2k.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Dont understand using a slick on the EB & NA. They upgraded the half shafts so shouldnt be a problem running a radial. (Slicks are more forgiving due to sidewall flex) Im willing to bet both would have ran better on a radial. Def better mph.

Users who are viewing this thread