Ford regains performance truck throne with SVT Tsunami

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
No april fools here!!!

http://www.gearfx.com/temp/detnews/B01-126029.htm

ME said:
Dodge's reign over the performance truck market will be short-lived, as Ford plans to topple the SRT-10 this fall with a bigger, badder contender from SVT that is certainly worthy of the crown. With 512 horsepower and 640 lb.-ft. of pavement-ripping torque, the SVT Tsunami is likely to show the industry who's king after all.
Based on the Super Duty F-350 platform, the Tsunami is SVT's latest and most outrageous offering yet. But don't dismiss this pretty contractor vehicle as an overweight marketing toy. This truck means serious business and benefits from all of SVT's usual enhancements. Motivated by the familiar 6.8L Triton® SOHC SEFI 30-valve V10 engine, SVT promotes additional thrust with the help of an intercooled supercharger and tuned exhaust. This powerplant, also slated for use in the next generation Lightning, is more than adequate for propelling Ford's largest and heaviest weapon.

Why do they keep us in suspense like this. They should release anything until we see the damn trucks on the lot.

Last edited:

bnglcat

Established Member
I think SVT should stop messing around with other, ugly ass, platforms and just get the damn lightning back on the market...then they can work with the fugly ideas like the sport trac, fusion, and this over body kitted piece of something.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Need a little restyling work, but still sick non the less.

spyder207

Established Member
LOL

Yeah, send me your deposits, I will be the only Ford dealer authorized to sell these.

Send cash only, as I have not set the accounts up yet and checks are useless.

mail $10,000.00 cash (just wrap it up in paper so no one knows) to:

Spyder Ford
1 April Fools Drive
Fooled, Louisiana 74112

They will be available in "two weeks"

CarolinaL

Indifferent SVT Poster
Established Member
I only read two things in that article:

This powerplant, also slated for use in the next generation Lightning

The company has also committed to building a Lightning, based on the F-150

I must have F150 tunnel vision because but that's all I read. :-D

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I'd bet its a fake. Why is it on the GearFX server but all the links are Detriot news.

He got us all!!

ViciousJay

Established Member
sorry i hate xted cabs, FORD can keep any lightning, adreline, or whatever the hell they wanna call it to themselves until they come out with a short bed short cab ground poundin machine i will turn my head in disgust

Users who are viewing this thread