Ford's Chicago Auto Show(ing)

blackbolt2003

Established Member
Half of their spot was showing off the Bronco and the other was consumed with the Mach-E and Lightning. I had to search for the traditional Mustang and only found a GT coupe and GT convertible. No GT 500, no Mach 1....

Is all electric the future? If so, how soon? Is this what the people want? Who is upgrading our aged electric grid? Solar and wind is not the answer and that is the only expansion I've seen in the midwest. Our current grid cannot support everyone charging their cars at home. Take a look at California. They've already been asked to stop car charging during certain times because their grid is overwhelmed.

For the first time, I left Ford's auto show thinking I need to buy a used, gas powered Mustang before prices rise beyond my budget.(They've already risen to crazy heights *because COVID*)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should visit more. The topic of ICEs vs. EVs has been discussed numerous times here. You missed a lot of discussion and info. You might want to invest some time in searching some of the threads out.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Half of their spot was showing off the Bronco and the other was consumed with the Mach-E and Lightning. I had to search for the traditional Mustang and only found a GT coupe and GT convertible. No GT 500, no Mach 1....

Is all electric the future? If so, how soon? Is this what the people want? Who is upgrading our aged electric grid? Solar and wind is not the answer and that is the only expansion I've seen in the midwest. Our current grid cannot support everyone charging their cars at home. Take a look at California. They've already been asked to stop car charging during certain times because their grid is overwhelmed.

For the first time, I left Ford's auto show thinking I need to buy a used, gas powered Mustang before prices rise beyond my budget.(They've already risen to crazy heights *because COVID*)

The people that want EV's are the same people who tell you their pronouns when you meet them.
The same people that think EV's are the near future have little to no understanding of how our electricity is produced, let alone our capacity for producing it, or the condition of our grid.
Those same people are in charge at Ford.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't been to the Chicago Auto Show since the introduction of the 2013 GT500 Vert. That was a trip to remember.

blackbolt2003

Established Member
Yeah, I should've taken a few. The Bronco Raptor looked awesome in person. They also had a new GT next to an original Le Mans raced GT.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Well yeah, I expect Ford to highlight their recent product releases and future product offering vs older product. Did they not have a Ford Performance booth?

blackbolt2003

Established Member
If Ford Performance was there I couldn't find it. I wish their future products included more than crossovers and EV's.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Well...considering that the Mustang is the ONLY actual CAR/Auto that Ford makes now...

How much of an "Auto Show" did you expect??

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I used to get excited about auto show season. Now with the kumbaya EV invasion, I haven’t even been to one in a handful of years

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Well...considering that the Mustang is the ONLY actual CAR/Auto that Ford makes now...

How much of an "Auto Show" did you expect??
Topple that with it being consumer faced of showcasing their latest n greatest. There is or will be thousands of EVs and or mid size ice ford built in 2023 vs limited production gt500 and or Mach 1s. Not saying it’s right or wrong but the auto show historically have showcased the new 2020+ GT500 and Mach 1 (through various Autoshows in years past, it’s not new for this year).

blackbolt2003

Established Member
Went to the Chicago Auto Show again this year. Ford had the same set up as last year.

The first vehicles you see are Broncos. This same Bronco was greeting everyone last year:

PXL_20230218_205411584.MP.jpg

The new Mustang made an appearance. This GT convertable:

PXL_20230218_210025266.jpg

PXL_20230218_210046847.jpg

blackbolt2003

Established Member
And the Darkhorse. The funny thing about this was the speaker was going on and on about the Mach-E and other Ford electric vehicles while standing in front of the new ICE Mustang. No Shelby's in Ford's booth again this year....

PXL_20230218_210642942.MP.jpg

PXL_20230218_210634484.jpg

PXL_20230218_210512599.MP.jpg

PXL_20230218_210527004.MP.jpg

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't been to the Chicago Auto Show since the introduction of the 2013 GT500 Vert. That was a trip to remember.

I already had the car on order if I remember correctly. Was that the first place that Ford announced the 5.8, 650 hp, and 200 mph?

For some reason I was thinking that may have been announced in November/December of ‘11

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I already had the car on order if I remember correctly. Was that the first place that Ford announced the 5.8, 650 hp, and 200 mph?

For some reason I was thinking that may have been announced in November/December of ‘11

No, that was in LA. I was at that one too. That was another great time. SVT really knew how to throw reveal parties. They took care of the right people in the press.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not quite sure about the busy front end on the Dark Horse. Looks like an aftermarket kit. Also not crazy about the gloss black center section on the hood. IMO a matte black would look much better. Sad that ICEs are taking such a back seat. Sign of the times unfortunately.

tistan

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread