Fore Hat wiring

LeKiD

Established Member
How do you hook up the wiring to the hat ? Solder the wire and shrink , a connector between the hat and wiring for easy removal of the fuel tank ??

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I just did this myself a few days ago and used some generic butt connectors i bought in a kit from Autozone.

Quick Strike

Established Member
+1 Weather Pack

Cobra%20100129%20Fuel%20Hat.jpg

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I wired mine without a connector. Not looking to pull it out again for awhile. If you pull tank alot plug would be nice though

tmkr03

Established Member
I bought some gm style weather pack connectors. Worked great in case I need to remove it ever. And I got rid of a ton of wire from the kit.
I also ran my lines down the subframe not through the trans tunnel. I had to buy one extra fitting when I did this.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
You need the MSD tool for those correct?

Yes, you need the tool and the crimping tool dies.

MSD Ignition 35051 - MSD Pro-Crimp Tool II - Overview - SummitRacing.com

MSD Ignition 3510 - MSD Crimping Tool Dies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

If you are thinking about this Deutsch connector and you don't want to purchase the tools you could send me the connector and I will make you a harness. I have the crimping tool and the correct dies for this connector. Just pay for the wire and shipping. I will make the harness with plenty of wire on each side of the connector so you can cut it to the length you need. Send me a PM if you want me to do this.

oldmodman

Established Member
Weather Pack connectors.

I lucked out in that a friend has almost every model they make, plus the correct crimping tools.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Weather Pack connectors.

I lucked out in that a friend has almost every model they make, plus the correct crimping tools.

+1 on weather pack connections, personally I'm not a fan of deutsch connectors, common failure I've seen with them is moisture collecting in the middle of the plug and eventually rotting the wire out. But they are both decent and cheap to get the plugs,wire/connector seals, m&f ends. And I think our cars use weatherpack anyways if you are going to a factor look

Users who are viewing this thread