Fore return setup , opinions and questions , help !

rudycobra

Established Member
I just received my for regulator and fuel press gauge along with wiring , pump controller and return fuel line . Wondering best place to mount regulator , fenderwell or close to fuel rail ? Also wat port is in and wat is out of regulator ? I have no instructions . I think side is in and bottom is out but not sure . Also wiring kit only came with power wire to controller , wat size wire should I run to pumps ?? Also can run mine staged so only 1 pump runs full time but still debating if I should or not ? Any help is appreciated

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have my regulator mounted to the valve cover with a home made bracket.
SAM_1743.jpg

Side is in, bottom is out.

I cannot remember what size I have running to my pumps. I didn't like the idea of a Hobbs switch because it is just something else to go wrong when you REALLY need it.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I just received my for regulator and fuel press gauge along with wiring , pump controller and return fuel line . Wondering best place to mount regulator , fenderwell or close to fuel rail ? Also wat port is in and wat is out of regulator ? I have no instructions . I think side is in and bottom is out but not sure . Also wiring kit only came with power wire to controller , wat size wire should I run to pumps ?? Also can run mine staged so only 1 pump runs full time but still debating if I should or not ? Any help is appreciated

I have Fore innovations level 4 return fuel system on my cobra. I had same questions you have. Justin at Fore answered all my questions when I spoke with over the phone. I recommend you call Justin he will answer all your questions. Btw I have my 2nd pump staged. It kicks in at 2-5psi of boost.

black 10th vert

Established Member
This is the first time I have ever read of anybody staging the pumps. From a functional standpoint, I can't see any advantage to doing that on a return system since the excess pressure is bled off continuously by the regulator so it keeps it cool. On a returnless system, I can see where it might help to control excess pressure, as well as excess heat from running 2 pumps. Can someone explain the theory behind "why" this is a good idea on a return system? I may be missing something, but it seems like it would just have one more level of complication to potentially go wrong and leave you stranded.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So the fore kit doesn't come with instructions?

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Anyone know if it is ok to feed the passenger rail at the front, drivers side rail at the rear, then return for the pass get side comes behind the blower to the reg sitting on the VC. Then the drivers side return comes out the front and directly to the reg. seems like that is the easiest way to do it without seeing lines everywhere.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Anyone know if it is ok to feed the passenger rail at the front, drivers side rail at the rear, then return for the pass get side comes behind the blower to the reg sitting on the VC. Then the drivers side return comes out the front and directly to the reg. seems like that is the easiest way to do it without seeing lines everywhere.

Mine is setup to have the feed come in the front of the passenger side rail, a crossover from the passenger side to drivers side rail behind the blower, then the return from the front side of the drivers side rail to the regulator and back into the tank. Pretty easy setup and not cluttered with too many lines everywhere.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
random thing to think about and I dunno if its enforced or not but NHRA rulebook says the regulator has to be 6inches forward of the firewall if that helps with your mounting decision.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
This is the first time I have ever read of anybody staging the pumps. From a functional standpoint, I can't see any advantage to doing that on a return system since the excess pressure is bled off continuously by the regulator so it keeps it cool. On a returnless system, I can see where it might help to control excess pressure, as well as excess heat from running 2 pumps. Can someone explain the theory behind "why" this is a good idea on a return system? I may be missing something, but it seems like it would just have one more level of complication to potentially go wrong and leave you stranded.

465 pumps create almost 400 watts of head when running. Running both pumps will heat up the fuel if a person drive the car longer than 1.5 hrs straight. That's the reason I staged my second pump. I have driven my car on 1k miles round trips before. There is no need for the 2nd pump until you go into boost. And it saves wear and tear on the scond pump IMO. Justin Fore (owner of Fore Innovations) recommended staging the pumps.

rudycobra

Established Member
I have spoken to Corey few times and deff great to deal with . Usually stay in phone 20-30 mins . He reccomends staged if u drive car linger than hour at time because of heating up fuel from both pumps runnin full time . But I'm questioning it because I always have enough issues so rather not have to worry if pumps are running or not . I didn't order complete kit but did order everything except hat and pumps . It looks pretty simple . They allready answered questions about fuel line and said I will b good . I have -8 runnin to y block in fenderwell them to back of both rails . They sent me a nice 180' fitting for front of pass rall and that's gonna go straight to regulator then back to hat . I bought wiring so kinda thought all wires would b there to go all way pumps but maybe not since did not order hat and pumps ?

black 10th vert

Established Member
465 pumps create almost 400 watts of head when running. Running both pumps will heat up the fuel if a person drive the car longer than 1.5 hrs straight. That's the reason I staged my second pump. I have driven my car on 1k miles round trips before. There is no need for the 2nd pump until you go into boost. And it saves wear and tear on the scond pump IMO. Justin Fore (owner of Fore Innovations) recommended staging the pumps.

Thanks for answering that. As I said this is the first time I have seen that discussed in all of the threads that I have read about return systems. Maybe it becomes more of an issue on the larger systems like you run.

rudycobra

Established Member
Pump controller I guess u call it . Seems very simple with this kit . Power ground then power ground to each pump and 1 signal wire from fpdm .

black 10th vert

Established Member
Pump controller I guess u call it . Seems very simple with this kit . Power ground then power ground to each pump and 1 signal wire from fpdm .

That's awesome, thanks for posting the pics, as I didn't know about that box. So, I assume it has internal relays? Also does it allow the pumps to operate like the stock ones where they only run when the car is running?

rudycobra

Established Member
Not sure bout the relays , I may take cover off later so can see wats in it . U can use one wire from fpdm to trigger pumps so they'll operate just like factory

Users who are viewing this thread