"Forged Bottom" Questions

stang8psi

Established Member
Yea I hear ya.. being able to just turn the key in a few weeks is nice Lol. In my price factor of 2600 I have oil pump gears, boss valve springs,boss 302r head changing kit, ford racing main bolts kit, ford racing pulse ring, ARP rod bolts, machine work, balance stock crank, and MMR rotating Assembly, all rings, all clevite bearings ( rod+main) and head cooling mod, oil block offs.

If anyone has the tools and know how and able to check clearances the motor is not hard to assemble. All the torque specs are available online!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
On a high boost 5.0 would it be best to go with the arp head bolts or the ford racing boss302R ones? Im guessing the arp ones for a piece of mind.

RC-5.0

Established Member
On a high boost 5.0 would it be best to go with the arp head bolts or the ford racing boss302R ones? Im guessing the arp ones for a piece of mind.

Define "high".

Reason I started this post was Im going Roush TVS soon, but Im not too concerned with cracking low 10s at the track or eeking out every last HP with the smallest pulley...Im good at 600/500.

I just wanted to start research, mainly on cost, not so much parts, because a shop would be doing it anyway...just in case something goes on the motor, I have the funds ready to fix 'er up!

Thanks
RC

stang8psi

Established Member
At that power level you are going to be fine with all new Ford bolts and no need for all the arp studs and bolts.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Yeah for 600whp the ford racing hardware should be more than enough. But building a short block for 600whp is like drinking non alcoholic beer.

Users who are viewing this thread