forged internals and tolerating 1000 hp to the crank stock?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Surely you jest.

Similar to a Boss 302. Oil pump gear will be a time bomb at higher levels.

As SID implies, there are a number of internals that carried over from the Boss program. So, certainly more robust than the 11-14 Coyotes but by no means indestructable. We have seen 870+ to the tires with our GEN II supercharger kit on our Boss 302 with GulfMach race gas. But, we highly recommend an 82mm pulley for 10-11psi and 600-625 to the tires on 11-14 GTs on pump gas.

bj

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
With cheaper rods than the boss and still cast Pistons, I don't know as much more is available over the 11-14. Maybe just a little as the rods are better. Still unsure about Pistons. No details yet on them.

Someone posted right. The oil pump gears will be a hinderance

My 11 was 585whp. I might take this one to 620ish and feel ok

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
With cheaper rods than the boss and still cast Pistons, I don't know as much more is available over the 11-14. Maybe just a little as the rods are better. Still unsure about Pistons. No details yet on them.

The 2015 GT engine has the Boss rods, which are better than those found in the 2011-2014 GT.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

The 2015 GT engine has the Boss rods, which are better than those found in the 2011-2014 GT.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Not sure how pistons that handle 700hp with good tuning are junk. And people usually push new cars to the limits so nothing new here.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Not sure how pistons that handle 700hp with good tuning are junk. And people usually push new cars to the limits so nothing new here.

Because whatever the first part to go is at whatever power level gets daddy ford blamed for giving us junk. Happens every new iteration. Give us 500hp and capable of 1000 before a piston breaks and people will bitch that they should have designed it better because they know we mod our cars. Oh and we want it for 17k$ with bmw quality and weigh 2900 lbs.

Now, where's Justin (vmp). I wanna find the weak link in my le's motor.

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member

You can push them as hard as you wish but in MHO the pistons are nothing special and will be the weak link. I would wait to see what lets go and why before pushing boost. I will leave my car stock for now and see what issues others have a year from now.

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
You can push them as hard as you wish but in MHO the pistons are nothing special and will be the weak link. I would wait to see what lets go and why before pushing boost. I will leave my car stock for now and see what issues others have a year from now.

I've got a buddy with only OPG's pushing 780+rwhp on a stock block 13 coyote. I've seen numerous buddies of mine doing 700+rwhp numbers on 11-14 coyotes and BEATING the hell out of them too on rolls and at the 1/4! Again long as the tunes are spot on, fuel is great and the parts aren't defective from the factory I'm sure u will have a little wiggle room with the 15+ coyotes.

What you need for life...

Tune
Oil Pump Gears
Real Fuel = E85, MS109 Ect... (93 is NOT what u want to push these motors with)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
My car has been pushing quite the stock pistons quite hard too and they're all in there still. I think that they are pretty stout for being I a stock 400hp car. Nothing like a Chevy 4.8 or 5.3 but they are quite strong.

Users who are viewing this thread