forged internals and tolerating 1000 hp to the crank stock?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i think part of the problem lies with how ford advertised the Boss 302, the sinter-forged rods became a household phrase practically and those who didn't know any better(the vast majority of people) assumed that they were the same as quality drop forged rods because they had "forged" in the name, when they're actually sinter forged powdered metal rods. having said that, i don't think i've heard of any boss rod failures(although, people haven't really pushed them north of 4 figures yet).

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
i think part of the problem lies with how ford advertised the Boss 302, the sinter-forged rods became a household phrase practically and those who didn't know any better(the vast majority of people) assumed that they were the same as quality drop forged rods because they had "forged" in the name, when they're actually sinter forged powdered metal rods. having said that, i don't think i've heard of any boss rod failures(although, people haven't really pushed them north of 4 figures yet).

They have, they just don't post much if at all. But yes the Boss Rods are pretty dang nice especially from the factory on a $7xxx engine LOL!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Boss rods, hyper pistons, better heads flow and larger intake valves with different cams.

Making power is the easy part as we have seen since 2011. Just everything else will take a play in it. If it was me, a 600hp level is max on a daily driver.

whiplash920

Established Member
huh, seems the engine is tolerating almost 1000 with a twin turbo set-up. the article from ripcord would suggest that i got my info from a decent source.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
huh, seems the engine is tolerating almost 1000 with a twin turbo set-up. the article from ripcord would suggest that i got my info from a decent source.

Don't expect the engine to live long at 1,000HP. A glory run is one thing, repeating it reliably is another. Also, don't forget about the bad forging info.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
What about Hellion's TT 949 hp setup? I think this is what Im going with :)

[video=youtube;pku3dLg-zZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pku3dLg-zZ4[/video]

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-hellions-949-rwhp-2015-is-the-worlds-most-powerful-s550/

Ask Hellion about where the test was performed, the correction factor used. I'm at altitude as well and our inflated numbers are fun, but not realistic to the rest of the country. I don't agree with them marketing this inflated number as fact and think it may even be a bit irresponsible..

SlowSVT

Established Member

The old GT500 rods were nothing to write home about but they seemed to have held-up pretty good. Not sure how sintered forged rods (I wonder if they mean: "pressed") compare but I think a solid billet forged rods are still a better choice.

The problem with our cars has always been the pistons :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread