Forged short block advice

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
cool.
ive done searches on VT engine snd didnt find much, this is about all ive heard about them. so like i said ill be keeping my eye on this tread.
thanks
J

If you get some ported heads with your combo and the right blower cams in your new motor, you can get your coveted numbers no problem with an intercooled Vortech.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
cool.
ive done searches on VT engine snd didnt find much, this is about all ive heard about them. so like i said ill be keeping my eye on this tread.
thanks
J

Go over to corral.net and ask this question. They're much more tech oriented and over there.

The answers will come back as VT, Boss 330, Modular Performance, and Modular powerhouse.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
cool.
thanks
J
Well, you can go over to Modular Fords and do some looking around on that forum since they are a supporting vendor there. You can also go to their site http://www.vtengines.com/ and read about 'em too.

The thing that got me hooked up with 'em was the write here by quadcammer in the For those interested in Forged Internals.... thread.

HTH

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I still have my stock engine. I just had them send me a whole new short block. It just depends on what you go with.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Well, when it was all said and done the total price for all these mods started approaching $25+K.... so I decides to go a different route (I'm having some medical problems to deal with so spending this much right now isn't too wise). So I'm just going to get the PS-1C procharger, snow kit, new clutch, live axel (having this one built as we speak), eratispeed rotors, new gauges, shift light, and adding some chrome bling to the engine bay :-D . The built engine is just going to have to wait for a better time - right now just isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread