Forged wheels for Raptor!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just a little tease for now....:p

my buddy just picked up a 6.2 Raptor and he's pretty bored with the stock wheels already. he wants to keep the stock size/tires so we're going to make him a set of 17s to replace the :sleeping: stockers.

we're going to make them using 1 piece forged wheels. very light and very strong :coolman:

its going to be a little bit but ill be posting up pics when theyre done.

prices will start at $2100 shipped!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
btw, i got to drive it around the streets and it is simply badass! he's already taken it off road up in the CA dessert and beaten the heck out of it. he's had raised 4x4s before and he said it doesnt even compare :rockon::burnout:

steeltoe

Established Member
is this a new wheel or an existing one? will there be options like beadlock or reinforcing ring?

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A custom beadlock would be sick.

KMC makes the beadlock wheels that go on the Raptor-R that ran in the Baja race. They are pretty cheap at around $250 a piece.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
here's just a preliminary photoshop of the wheels on the truck. he's now wavering about which design he wants to go with :bored:

raptor_lmr001copycopycopy.jpg

no, there will not be a beadlock design. true beadlock wheels are not street-legal. these would just be a lighter, stronger, better looking alternative to the stock wheels.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
They look sweet. I'd love to see a nice 5 spoke setup. I'd defintely get something other than chrome though on this truck since I'd be beating the life out of it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
They look sweet. I'd love to see a nice 5 spoke setup. I'd defintely get something other than chrome though on this truck since I'd be beating the life out of it.

i just did a set of 17" 5 spoked Victorys for a tbss (6 lug). they came out GREAT. he didnt want the 6 spoked version like in that PS. ill post up the pic.

chrome is easy to clean though, which is what my buddy wants. he considered polished but it scratches so easily and with a truck like this, that he actually takes off road a LOT, he'll be spending half his time cleaning them lol. we can also powdercoat them if people want. ALL anthracite like the stock wheels, all black, etc.. or with a polished or chrome lip.

if anyone is interested in taking the plunge, ill give you a nice discount and throw in some free SVT center caps if you want them. it'll make the other Raptor guys think you got some kind of custom optional oem wheels lol. they'll be scratching their heads and saying "wtf?! i didnt see those in the Ford Racing catalog!" :lol1:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we also have the six spoked version of the Mach Five called Mach Six. this set of 18s was for a tbss as well
IMG_3088Large.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
here are the 17" polished 6 lug Victorys i was referring to in my earlier post
IMG_3776Large.jpg

IMG_3777Large.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Beadlocks made by Hutchinson (rock monster) are DOT legal. They make wheels for AEV as well, which is a big aftermarket supplier to Jeep. They use the same technology as Military H1 wheels where the wheel is actually two halves that bolt together in the middle. A ring on the inner drum of the wheel pinches the beads of the tires to the inner bead of the wheels when the wheels are bolted together. You could run with no air pressure and the tires still wouldn't come off. These are known as double beadlocks and are very good offroad. Lots of guys even run H1 wheels for this feature. Almost all the beadlocks you see out there are just single beadlocks. I guess technically they aren't street legal, but I doubt you'll have many cops stop you for it. They are only unsafe because the bolts are known to work themselves loose, so you just have to torque them down every few weeks or so.

Just dont like the race car wheels on an off road truck. Give my the basic alcoa 8 hole design and I would be more than happy!

Agreed. I don't think the TF style wheels look good on an offroad truck like this. Check out Allied, Trail Ready, Walker Evans, Poison Spyder and other offroad beadlock wheel companies and their designs look awesome on all sorts of trucks and buggies. With all the dark grey accents on the Raptor and not one shiny thing on the whole outside, I think a chrome/polished wheel would look horrible and out of place. At least powdercoat it grey or silver.

Last edited:

XtremeS10

Established Member
Sorry Steve, you work magic on the cars, but I just don't like the way those Victories look on the raptor, I'm in love with the BMF wheels

Users who are viewing this thread