Forza Fans get ready, Porsche is on the move

THE_STIG

Established Member
Just announced, today.

Forza Motorsport 4 Inks Deal For Porsche Expansion Pack
Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios and Electronic Arts have finally buried the hatchet to give car guys the Porsches they want to drive in Forza Motorsport 4.
Available this Spring, they'll drop the Porsche Expansion Pack for "Forza Motorsport 4" that will contain 30 modern and classic Porsche vehicles from the German manufacturer, seven of which are new to the "Forza" franchise.

As of right now the only vehicles we can absolutely confirm are the 2010 Porsche Sport Classic and the 2010 Boxster S. Dan Greenawalt, creative director for the Forza franchise, told us on Friday the 30 vehicles would mix "both old and new, just as you've seen in all of our car packs."

But that's not the only news out of Turn 10 Studios today for the Forza franchise. They're also announcing a new Forza game — but it's not Forza Motorsport 5. Nope, instead, it'll be called "Forza Horizon" and it won't even be made by Turn 10 Studios. Instead it'll be built by a new studio called Playground Games (Greenawalt tells us it's made up of a slew of folks from other studios involved with other racing games like Colin McRae).

So what is this new game? Turn 10 PR tells us that:

"Forza Horizon" is a fast-paced, pick-up-and-play racing game and the newest entry in the "Forza Motorsport" franchise. Available this Fall, the game is being created in partnership with acclaimed racing development studio Playground Games.

Other than that, we have no idea what the game is all about — and after watching the following trailer we're left with even more questions without answers.

Go ahead and see for yourself — I bet you'll be just as stumped as I am.

Forza Motorsport 4 Inks Deal For Porsche Expansion Pack

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I saw the trailer and was left just as confused.

But the Porsche news is fantastic - however, I will believe it when I see it on my 50" Pioneer.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Need For Speed? That's what I got out of the trailer. LOL. I guess we will have to wait and see.

However, one scene gave me great hope... I have been wanting some rally courses for the few rally cars in the games...

bleedout

Established Member
is forza 4 worth buying? i have forza 3 and its great, i just hate peeling out $60 for the same game just newer cars?!?!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
saw this today, definitely a good thing! if they make a "modern muscle" pack they could add the new challenger 392, boss 302, the termi, the new shelby and the ZL1....wishful thinking!

91coupemike

Established Member
Why would I want a slow porsche, when they should be working on a leguna seca boss, a terminator cobra, 2013 gt500, 95' cobra r, 96-98 conbra and of course a Coupe!

I play this game all the time, forza 4 is the bees knees.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Why would I want a slow porsche, when they should be working on a leguna seca boss, a terminator cobra, 2013 gt500, 95' cobra r, 96-98 conbra and of course a Coupe!

I play this game all the time, forza 4 is the bees knees.
They already have the 95 cobra r. Lots of people want the "slow" Porsches anyways. All the mustang iterations are bad ass, but you can already do a sc 4v and n/a 4v with a little trickery 351s, 5.4s, etc..., and the others are due, but a nice spread of Porsches would be better than the 3 RUFs currently in the game.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Well ****! I sold my 360 because the game I played on it was Forza 3 and 4 didn't have much to impress me. Guess I'm getting a new 360 if this really happens.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
SO glad I got an x360, and yes I bought it solely for this game :D.
Did the same with the PS3, but **** sony. They can keep their ricer loving cars.

HELLLOOOOO PORSCHE!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I strongly feel that T10 or MS should start producing commercials with Porsches in them bragging about having Porsches.

Like a commercial with "hybrid racecar? How about hybrid supercar inspired race car" {insert porsche 918 racecar}.

truefiveo

Established Member
Awww you poor console gamers don't have Porsche vehicles???:shrug:

po1t.jpg

a.jpg

lap5.jpg

gtaiv2012022804341279.jpg

158053-87cbe-53442392-m750x740-u3a132.jpg

91coupemike

Established Member
They already have the 95 cobra r. Lots of people want the "slow" Porsches anyways. All the mustang iterations are bad ass, but you can already do a sc 4v and n/a 4v with a little trickery 351s, 5.4s, etc..., and the others are due, but a nice spread of Porsches would be better than the 3 RUFs currently in the game.

Which car has a 4.6 dohc? Besides the panoz and the 4.7 in the kionesegg? (sp)

I don't have live, but if they have a 95r I'm stoked.

The Saleen is 4.6 2v and the others are 3v or 5.4.

What about a lightning?

They need to bring NASCAR engine swaps back and the aluminator swap.

The acr in fm3 had a 540hemi swap that made it a even better car to drive.

I was just knocking porsche, they had some good cars, the 911 is kind of tricky in the bends though.

What about 2 player drag racing? And a more detailed drag section, 60ft times and the ability to stage and launch.. That'd be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread