Found a new 46" Samsung 3D LED for $1299...

firebird1999us

Established Member
My girlfriend has the same exact TV but bought it earlier this year and the picture is spectacular on just regular cable shows. We've never really watched anything 3D on it and honestly I'm not to interested in that...the standard 2d picture is awesome!

It's the un46c8000:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN46C8000-46-Inch-1080p-HDTV/dp/B0036WT4EW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303917145&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Samsung UN46C8000 46-Inch 1080p 3D 240 Hz LED HDTV: Electronics[/ame]

I found it locally at Best Buy - it's last years model new in the box (with return policy and price match policy) and they're trying to unload the few they have left - and wanted some SVTp input. I don't own a TV and hadn't planned on buying one but $1299 is the cheapest I've seen it for anywhere. After talking with the manager they're willing to toss in the $150 wall mount from Samsung for free.

My alternative is to wait until black Friday or the Super Bowl next year and get the model out now for a comparable price:shrug:

hunterp

Established Member
Samsung seems to make some good quality TVs. Seems like a win-win to me even if you never plan on watching 3D stuff. Most of the newest advances are going into the 3D models.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Samsung seems to make some good quality TVs. Seems like a win-win to me even if you never plan on watching 3D stuff. Most of the newest advances are going into the 3D models.

Yeah I'm impressed with the picture on it's own. The 3D stuff is cool - but I'll be honest I'm not paying for those glasses:shrug:

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a cheap set left from when I saw Avatar a few years back...I've always wondered if they're actually any different. And why do some of the Samsung glasses have a battery???

The glasses that the theatres give you are polarized glasses. One lens is polarized horizontally, the other vertically. That's how you see a different image with each eye.
The system used by almost all home sets uses a lcd lens. each side turns from clear to black at least thirty times a second. That's what makes you see the simulated 3D. And that's why the glasses need a battery, to power the LCDs and the micro-processor that receives the signal from the TV telling it when to turn each lens on and off.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
that the really thin one? if so we saw it at Sears and OMG! quality was ****ing amazing!

svtrookie

Established Member
I just bought this exact T.V from best buy for $1,160.00 bucks under the same scenario as the original poster. I bought the last one in the store. I have the T.V now and the picture quality is awesome! Best Buy is coming next week to mount the T.V on the wall. I can't wait to see this T.V on the wall. It's so thin and I think the sound quality is great. I purchased the 4 year warranty just to be safe.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Dont hold me to this, but I have heard from numerous gurus that LCD anything will be obsolete in the next few years.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
ripoff, I got (or rather my roomate) got a sony 55" ledtv for that much. Check best buy.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dont hold me to this, but I have heard from numerous gurus that LCD anything will be obsolete in the next few years.

unless theyre inventing holograms I dont see LCD's going anywhere. I see them becoming cheaper and more readily available, especially the 32-46" variety.

Though if im gonna build a nice home entertainment center, its gonna be a 1080p projector. Why spend thousands for 55-60" screens when for less you can get 100-120" screens.....

Playing Call of Duty on a 105" screen is glorious.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
unless theyre inventing holograms I dont see LCD's going anywhere. I see them becoming cheaper and more readily available, especially the 32-46" variety.

Though if im gonna build a nice home entertainment center, its gonna be a 1080p projector. Why spend thousands for 55-60" screens when for less you can get 100-120" screens.....

Playing Call of Duty on a 105" screen is glorious.

Yep. When I build my new house in the next few years my dedicated theater room will have a projector. Every other room will have plasma, unless I need smaller than a 42" screen.

OLED will be the wave of the future, but it won't make LCD/Plasma obsolete right now. It'll be way too expensive for the masses to do that.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yep. When I build my new house in the next few years my dedicated theater room will have a projector. Every other room will have plasma, unless I need smaller than a 42" screen.

OLED will be the wave of the future, but it won't make LCD/Plasma obsolete right now. It'll be way too expensive for the masses to do that.
Anyone remember when LCD's first came out? The first high-end LCD 60'' TV's were like $20k. And those were probably only 60hz.

I bought my 46'' Sony LED 240hz from BB back in December, although its not 3D, it was also $1299. But it came with a 160gb PS3 + GT5 + lame movie (forgot the name).

Users who are viewing this thread